BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help needed!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
james

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Help needed! Empty
PostSubject: Help needed!   Help needed! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:36 pm

Need some help from you hardened racers here!!
I'm looking to buy a bantam for the looks and most importantly the price but being a young un i want to do things slightly different.
I'd want a monoshock rear end. Massively uprated front forks-say off a 400cc sports bike or anything else you'd suggest. And uprating the motor to something with more kick like a big single from an enduro bike.
A fairing would be on the cards aswell but all this has gotta be road legal.
Some of the work i'd do myself but all fabrication must be done by someone else. Any recommendations?
Cheers for your help.
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Help needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed!   Help needed! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:10 pm

James
I don't think I will be the only one confused with your question.
With the mods you require how could you call it a Bantam.?
What Bantam parts would you retain.? And why.?
Back to top Go down
james

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Help needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed!   Help needed! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:39 am

The appeal of modifying a Bantam in this way is to create a classic bike which handles, stops and goes in the same way a modern bike would. I would retain the looks of the Bantam especially as i may not use a fairing at all. Surely the appeal of a reliable, fast and brilliantly handling bike which at the same time looks like a classic is evident. It would certainly show some sportsbike owners on a twisty road!
Back to top Go down
Chuckit

Chuckit

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Help needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed!   Help needed! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:01 pm

james wrote:

Some of the work i'd do myself but all fabrication must be done by someone else. Any recommendations?
I'd recommend you forget the idea unless you are rich or have the facilities and skill to fabricate it yourself. Paying a guy who knows his onions to do this work will cost you more than buying a good, fast road bike and crashing it a few times! ZX9R's are cheap and fast. If you want classic syling and a single cylinder rather than speed then maybe you could look at a Suzuki Goose, Honda XBR, Indian Enfield, etc, etc.
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

Help needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed!   Help needed! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi James
why not get a mito frame and put 400cc engine would save alot of time and money.
Us lads on here put alot of work into our bikes and would like to think that they handle as well as modern sports bikes. been to some track days and proved this!!
Robbie
ps my bike highside's just as good as a modern bike lol!
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Help needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed!   Help needed! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 1:08 am

A large single with grunt. Classic looks. Mono shock rear end and sturdy f/forks. - How about a Vincent Comet with forks. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help needed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help needed!   Help needed! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed!
Page 1 of 1