BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what front end?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bush.rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-23

what front end? Empty
PostSubject: what front end?   what front end? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:01 pm

I Have d7 ready to start build. need front end so I can have disc brake. What is the best and easiest to fit? Is much alteration needed? This is first racer, My son will be using it so I want this right. Can any one help please.
someone suggested front end of CG 125.

Regards Mark
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

what front end? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what front end?   what front end? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:37 pm

Hi Bush rider,
Where abouts do you live? maybe one of the more local racers can help as the conversion is always difficult with front ends! you may require bearings to be modified so be prepared!
A CG 125 is not a bad front end to use, but I note that a lot of people are using RS250 Honda (the early single cylinder four stroke road bike) forks and discs and these seem good for racing.
Cheers,
Alan
PS: Tonys article in the main bantam racing web site on building his 175 racer
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
bush.rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-23

what front end? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what front end?   what front end? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:43 pm

hi I live banstead surrey.would be great to fnd some mentoring in the area

mark
Back to top Go down

what front end? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what front end?   what front end? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi,

My current front end is RG125 forks, honda CB125 hub Grimeca Caliper and Master cylinder which wasn't to bad a build. Just changes to the yoke, made a mount plate for the caliper and some wheel spacers.

I think 33 Mike Powell has a similar set up but with a GT185 hub and 37 Steve Fraynehas an early RD (possibly 200) set up.

James
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

what front end? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what front end?   what front end? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:28 pm

Mr. Bushrider!
Hopefully someone will be near you and give assistance, but I recommend that you get to as many race days as you can and get round the paddock with a giant list of questions! that way everyone will know that you are serious. You may be able to pick up some useful parts as well.
First meeting Mallory on Easter Monday (13th April). But a lot of us are at Mallory for the practice day if you can wag off work (This Friday 27th March).
Well worth the effort
Cheers and hope you get a good build.
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

what front end? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what front end?   what front end? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:44 am

Hi Mark
I live not far from you Dartford I have just fitted thumpstar forks to my bikes and honda rsa front wheel zxr6 disc gpz 500 caliper
have some rsa forks if you want them?
Robbie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what front end? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what front end?   what front end? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what front end?
Page 1 of 1