BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

electric wiring for racing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bush.rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-23

electric wiring for racing Empty
PostSubject: electric wiring for racing   electric wiring for racing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:59 am

ok so I ve stripped bike down frame is to be powder coated and engine re furbed. so to the wiring not good at electrics. removed loom without dismantaling. so.......what do I need to get bike running by bump starting. ie how much of the loom do I need for the bare minimum. this will be raced so no need for light except stop. Has any one got a wiring diagram or know were i can down load one?
Back to top Go down
Nick B

Nick B

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: electric wiring for racing   electric wiring for racing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:05 am

Hi Mark,
Read your previous posting about front brake,loads of options there? i am almost complete with my build but was able to source an old race bike as i have limited access to engineering machines & these bikes are seriously engineered.Most bikes have trick ignitions converted to fit so no real loom to speak of.I am new to bantams so dont know if any one is running points but i would guess not. If you want to have a look at my bike you are welcome ,i live on the south coast so you could make a day of it .

Cheers Nick
Back to top Go down
tonydavis

tonydavis

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: electric wiring for racing   electric wiring for racing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:44 am

Motoplat and more recently PVL, so sling the loom and fit kart ignition only 2 wires Razz
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: electric wiring for racing   electric wiring for racing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:19 pm

Hi I run motoplat bit dated now but 175 is straight line anyway.
125 you can run what you like.
if run motoplat /pvl which you can get from dartford karting
you need shaft make and pushed into flywheels
there is info on here how to do it.
I have No wiring on my bike less to go wrong. only the two wires from the motoplat to the coil
it works well for my bike
ask any of the racers how well my bike goes lol! lol!
get to a meeting and talk to the riders
we dont bite
much lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: electric wiring for racing   electric wiring for racing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

electric wiring for racing
Page 1 of 1