BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cadwell Club circuit

Go down 
+4
ptibbitt125
ray davis
Ned
alan
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Cadwell Club circuit Empty
PostSubject: Cadwell Club circuit   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi,

I think the last time the club circuit was used was October 2004, which was the year before I started but I remember spectating.

Any thoughts on Gearing similar to Anglesey perhaps ?

I recall Alan Brown going round the hairpin and then getting off and pushing his bike up the hill, like the boy in the Hovis advert Laughing

James
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Club circuit   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 1:27 am

And.... it is all true, I was delivering Hovis at the time....

James,
try your usual Cadwell gearing and expect it to be just a little bit too tall.
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Club circuit   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:43 am

alan wrote:
try your usual Cadwell gearing and expect it to be just a little bit too tall.

Cadwell club circuit gearing is interesting. I had a couple of debates about it with Tom who was my mechanic when I was riding. Do you gear for the back straight knowing the opposition is on it before you have climbed the hill out of the hair pin ? Or do you gear for the Hill ?
Gearing is so critical with only 3 gears. I recall on one occasion at Snetterton I was in a dilemma because the head wind was so strong on the home straight I couldn't get max revs, and the tail wind on the back straight resulted in peaking early. I thought about gearing down one tooth for the home straight and rolling off on the back. But Mick Scutt said no gear up two teeth and stay in second on the home straight and use the tail wind to your advantage on the back straight. As normal Mick was right and it worked a treat.
Back to top Go down
ray davis

ray davis

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2006-12-08

PostSubject: lap times   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:15 pm

really looking forward to going around the club circuit again. for me it was around 1979/80 as a novice first time around when i went round with very modest lap times but flat out on a torquey but low revving long stroke. want to see what i can do on the 175 which will get away from the hairpin better and up the hill. Seem to remember P.Styles lapping around the 1.20 mark in those days. What have more recent times been like?

Ray
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Cad Club Lap time   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:26 pm

In 1999 was around 1m 18s. I expect Mike will be on 1m 17s. I'm putting 14 x 54 on. (Oh, and a new set of brake pads ........)
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Club circuit   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:19 am

Fastest I've been round is 1m 16.3s in 1996 then I feel off! Fastest recorded lap was Keith Woods at 1m 15.3 but of course this was before transponders? So lots of scope for the times being wrong.. I'm using my normal Cadwell/Anglesey/Mallory/Croft/Oulton gearing 14x53 and on Jimmy's 175 I've got 15x50 which is ideal for any 9'500 reving motor... I have to ask?? Robin what are you putting on?
Back to top Go down
Sport-Pics

Sport-Pics

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Club circuit   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:13 am

And then taking off!! Laughing

Rusty
Back to top Go down
http://www.sport-pics.co.uk
lou

lou

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Club circuit   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:06 am

Robbie not seen this yet!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Club circuit   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:38 am

Hi all
going to try 14x51
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Club circuit   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:05 am

Robbie thats a good gearing for a healthy motor pulling 11'000rpm!! A bit highly stressed for a 175 motor? You'll blow the gearbox to bits if your not careful!! I need to tune the motor for 9'5-10 max with a wider spread off power... Oh I remember now, you blew your gearbox to bits at Mallory!! Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Club circuit   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Mike,

I think you have misunderstood Robbie thats (14) Egg fried Rice and (51) sweet and sour pork from the Chinese restauraunt in Louth Laughing

James
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Club circuit   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:47 am

will have to try that one
were in louth Laughing Laughing have changed my mind now
15x51
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Club circuit   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:53 am

Hi mike super glue works wonders
back together now Very Happy Very Happy
off to Donnington at the weekend
WSB marshalling
will be on start finish straight
I will be the one in orange Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cadwell Club circuit   Cadwell Club circuit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cadwell Club circuit