BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ignition question

Go down 
+8
tonydavis
mjpowell
PaulM
ptibbitt125
chris
alan
Tim Cornish
zak_perrin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Electrex World Bantam Ignition   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:57 am

Zak I ran an Electrex World Ignition at Cadwell at the weekend on my 125 and think its a great system.... I'm in contact with Technical at E.W. ref their STK 175 ignition - I'm happy to follow up the 4degree max that we require for 175's too. That ok with you Alan?
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:54 am

Hi Mike and Zak etc,
No problems at all Mike, set down a specification to meet the 4 degree max, and ask can they mark up that they are for 175 racing by something like a different colour to anything else or maybe non removable marks? to avoid confusion.
Otherwise brilliant! I will amend the rules on the web site if you are OK with that to include this ignition.
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 am

I'll report back a.s.a.p.
Back to top Go down
zak_perrin

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:24 pm

mjpowell wrote:
Zak I ran an Electrex World Ignition at Cadwell at the weekend on my 125 and think its a great system.... I'm in contact with Technical at E.W. ref their STK 175 ignition - I'm happy to follow up the 4degree max that we require for 175's too. That ok with you Alan?

told you it was a good choice Wink lol. Mike if you'd like to follow it up that would be great Very Happy Alan thankyou for allowing this ignition Very Happy

Mike, what's your contact's name?? say you've been in contact with John Perrin from ZR motorcycles about the Bantam ignition Smile
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:26 am

The contact is 'Peter in techniclal' at Electrex World. I'll mention ZR when i speak to him...
Back to top Go down
zak_perrin

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:22 pm

mjpowell wrote:
The contact is 'Peter in techniclal' at Electrex World. I'll mention ZR when i speak to him...

yeah thats the person we talk to Very Happy if you could talk to him that will be great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mutt

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:50 pm

Does this Electrex World have a website?
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Mutt,
You can get the site at www.electrexworld.co.uk
Regards,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
robbie100

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:22 am

hi this ignition kit is from a firm called electrex world and they are excellent value and quality. i use one on my dt race bike and its a direct replacement for my old motoplat
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:12 am

Graph is on 2nd page but not accurate!

mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:32 am

A very intereting read for a layman and a newbies with both motoplat and pvl ignitons

Eddie
Back to top Go down
slippers

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 5:25 am

Gents and any ladies who may be lurking (you never know) I thought I would resurrect this thread to get opinions on the electrex "formula bantam" ignition. Would it fit directly on a d7 bottom end and cases or would it need modification? I like the idea of a relatively foolproof system
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:19 am

Hi slippers No the ignition is not a direct fit to D7 cases but to D10 onwards.
The rotor has a straight through hole not a taper. You fit a D10 crank to a D7
I guess?
Back to top Go down
slippers

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:07 am

Many thanks for the reply. I must say having loitered for a long time on the forum, it is refreshing to see such a helpfull group!
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:20 am

!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ignition question   ignition - ignition question - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ignition question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2