BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BANTAMBUILDER

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings. Empty
PostSubject: Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings.   Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:40 am

Hi,

Where should I add brackets / Fixing Points to the main frame loop for attachment of the Fairing supports ?

I do not have the fairing yet, but want to complete all the welding on the main frame so that it can go for painting.

I can make the loose, clamp on brackets later when I have a fairing but need to know if I need any welded bosses on the main frame and approx.where they should be located.

Hope that makes sense!
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings.   Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:29 am

I use the two tank fixing holes for the front fairing bracket and bolt on, that way if you have a crash at a meeting and this bracket gets damaged then it is a simple replacement with my spare one, rather than attempting to get a frame welded at a meeting.
The the second bracket is welded to the frame from the triangulation point behind the head stock and finalises the support for the top fairing, I have yet to sort out something to make this simple to replace after a crash, but the fairing seems strong at this point and I do not get problems with strength. The fairing bottom half literally hangs from the top fairing by Dzus fasteners, making it very rapid to remove to sort out problems, very unusual to see the top half of my fairing off as it rarely needs to happen, so it suits me nicely. I try to use plastic number plate screws as much as possible where I can, so in the event of a crash the screws split and the fairing usually survives for another race!
Other racers tend to hold the fairing much more rigid but this can cause shattering in a crash situation, I do like the fairing to move out of the way if it goes down and then the footrests and handlebar ends act as "crash bobbins".
Hope this is useful!
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings.   Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi Alan is that setup just for wen michael is racing lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings.   Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:37 pm

PS you do know he's going karting Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings.   Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi Robbie,
yes I know Michael is going Karting, so I have bought a michelin man rubber crash suit! well it is for him and Missus....
I will be keeping plenty of crash spares in the van with Michaels name on them!
See you at the Dinner and dance.
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings.   Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frame Brackets for Fairing Fixings.
Page 1 of 1