BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag

Go down 
+4
Ned
Sport-Pics
Derek
mjpowell
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Empty
PostSubject: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:00 am

There's a nice pic of Pete in the Jan/Feb 2011 edition of Classic Racer magazine p76
Picture by Russ Sport-Pics write up by Graham 'Scribe' Lawlor
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Cylinder Port timings / barrels   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 1:39 am

Hi Mike
really not had much time of late, but now I do, so here goes

Just been out to get the mag and yes a agree with you a great promotional picture of Peter "in action" for th class , why didn't we ask them to add this webb site address next to his name or did we, or/and when ever they (the press) use such photo's can they print the web site address. I remember the photo of Peter, on I think it was "Bike Sport" paper, another great action shot of Pete and a "missed opportunity"!

I'm sure this class does not get many opportunities like these, if you know its comming its is a simple one, and as Pete semmes to be the most photogenic!!!! recently ( of course nothing inteneded by this comment of Pete) there may be other opportunities comming along to!.

Hows your prep gong for 2011, how did the new bike preform,I think you tried it at the first Cadwell for the first time, did you? and
what's the duifference between it and the old engine / barrel, advantages disadvatnages, and what are your intentions for the comming season, also are you intending to go to the first practice day in 2011.

What happened to your lad / lads are they or did they start racing, stopped now / about to restart / never to start again. ?

kind regardsDerek
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:57 am

Hi Derek
We don't know whats going in to any mag etc... Russell knows which photos he has supplied to go with Grahams race reports etc.. but does not know which one the editor will pick - also i've noticed most mags/papers have gone to printing only one pic - not three like they have in the past.
Ref 50 Anniversary Meeting Graham wrote a piece for the comic's - no editors printed it and no photos!? But someone got a letter in Classic Racer on the letters page saying he was attending it !!??

2011 race prep going slowly -still 2 wheels to build, 2 fairings to prep and fit, 2 seats to fit. Also need to get the bikes on track to test the engines which have both had a re-vamp. Also a gearbox issue on 003..

003 was raced by myself, Michael Brown and Andy Checkley last year but by the end of the season was still lapping slower than 001 even though it won 2 races at Pembrey! My new 'Evo' engine (evolved from 001 piston ported engine ex-Pete Styles) is just about the same but with bigger ports and lower port durations. It has 3 exhaust ports 4 transfers and 1 inlet. The Evo has water cooled crankcases and two water inlets into the jacket but both plumbed from the left hand side to avoid pipework near the exhaust pipe.. (Thanks to Michael and Andy for there input).

I've sent you an email by the way

Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
Sport-Pics

Sport-Pics

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:07 am

It's pretty well much as Mike has said. It's not my magazine (or Graham's) so we don't get any final say as to what goes in or not. I send the reports in with half a dozen or more photos and one gets chosen, luckily, this time it was Peter.

Rusty
Back to top Go down
http://www.sport-pics.co.uk
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: barrels & photo's .   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:35 am

some intereting comments to my last post.

Mike - this could be a great topic, credit to you for being so open, this subject needs its own post for others to comment on a regular basis. "but just one more question for you", I'm sure other's have more, "why are you feeding water via two inlets and why through the base, that's if i understand it correctly, also not sure on the bit about keeping away from exhaust side crancase, could you elaberate on this please, also please explain the theory behind moving from what you had on 001/003 -previouse motor to this set up, hope does not sound like a questionare.

On the promotional photo stuff, this is a difficult one, could we not put the address on the negative in a corner next to the rider's name, or super impose on all Bantam fairings ? or not leave it upto having to do this with a sticker to put on all fairings, but I am sure- you all try very, very hard to get any photo's or detail published.

rgd's Derek

Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:04 pm

With reference to what mags will or will not print reminds me of an incident in my time.
MCN printed a letter that a mother of a rider wrote to them complaining about an incident at one of our meetings in relation to lack of marshals for practice. The same day the paper came out myself (and if memory serves right) Russell spent the entire evening compiling a letter (no computers or spell checker in them days) that would put a different light on the story and clear the clubs name. And obviously it was sent post haste.
MCN totally ignored our response, not printing one line of it. Choosing only to print one individuals negative comments about the club instead of helping us promote it.
The pen is mightier than the sword and they are a law to themselves.
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: www.bsabantamracing.com   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Perhaps the best we can hope for is 'us' all having a stickers on the bikes with the web site on! Andy Moulden had some done years ago. Anybody know how to go about getting some made?
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi Mike
happyyear to all
mike what about dyno tape for web addtress and rider? have one whiich could be put on the screens but would have to replace it after evey meeting for michael Laughing
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

PostSubject: Re: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:56 pm

opps sorry missed the new out Laughing
to much smirnoff ice last night
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:28 pm

I was thinking of something more professional Rob. Check out pictures of Ian Cramp (21) on sport-pics site he has his web address in a nice? font on his visor? You can nearly read it!

Last edited by mjpowell on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

PostSubject: Re: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi Mike
just been on ebay and put in helmet stickers and there are some companys which do visor stickers may be we could have some made up with the site address
they could be put on the visors or screens
we need to no numbers how many we wouild need ? what colour?
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Be autocratic - stick it in the class rules, or make it mandatory - or no webb site sticker no points even if its not big enough ??, a bit harsh maybe, but for those with fairings specify minimum size needs to be as big as possible, I feel on the screen would be too small.

Also I would leave it upto each person to sort it out them-selves, dont bother trying to get volume stickers done, B&Q do a selection of stickers each could make up his own or there are planty of companies out there who i sure would not charge a lot to do purpose made items.

take a look what is a good sticker ! - look at the Dunlop fairing stickers they produce for the Aprilia thunderbike series, and they are mandatory you will not even get past scrutineering without one.

rgds

Derek
Back to top Go down
johnSbantam

johnSbantam

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Pictures   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Talking of nice pictures, came across this, for sale on E Bay
cgi.ebay.co.uk/BSA-BANTAM-MOTORCYCLE-SNETTERTON-PRINT-PETER-HAYNES-/220716563970?pt=UK_art_prints_GL&hash=item3363bb7e02#ht_3100wt_1141

look familiar ?
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:12 am

Robin can you mail me the firm, do they do any fairing/screen ones too?
bantam33@hotmail.co.uk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Bumper Stickers   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Mike

I had a quick trawl on the net and came up with

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/bumper-stickers.aspx?ad=broad&mk=bumper+stickers&GP=1/11/2011+2:01:01+AM&GPS=1432739647&GNF=0#here

50 would be just over £2 each, if there is enough interest I am willing to cover the initial cost of 50 and the artwork upload. We can agree a per sticker cost and any surplus can go in next years trophy fund.

James
Back to top Go down
bennion

bennion

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2006-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Good idea this. In addition to fairings, screens etc, what about sticking them on race transport, toolboxes, jerrycans and suchlike ?Also, I don't recall the BHR race meeting programmes containing details on related racing web sites - could ours be included along with others ? If they look half decent, I think we could end up needing significantly more than 50 stickers.

Chris
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:54 am

James sounds good to me!
Whats important is that the font/text is easy to read from 5yds away. By art work do you mean the letters or is there more to it... £3 a sticker?
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Thanks to Rusty   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:57 am

Russ,

Belated thanks very much indeed for the photo in Classic Racer. I like the minimum air under front wheel and the one finger on clutch - all captured by your good self.

Can you do me a couple of prints of it? If you are passing Dunton I can hand over cash

All the best and thanks again

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sport-Pics

Sport-Pics

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:02 am

Hi Peter,

No problem my friend, what size would you like?

Russ
Back to top Go down
http://www.sport-pics.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag   Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pete Tibbitts - Classic Racer Mag
Page 1 of 1