BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cadwell meeting...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Cadwell meeting... Empty
PostSubject: Cadwell meeting...   Cadwell meeting... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:41 am

I enjoyed Cadwell and I think a lot of other competeors did too... great weekend and close racing...

Great to have Mark back, very unlucky in the last race Mark - you had it in the bag!!

I can't decide who's got the fastest bike now?? Ian or Mark...

Hope everyone is looking forward to Lydden.....
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

Cadwell meeting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell meeting...   Cadwell meeting... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 am

unfortunately i had a very good view to judge who was or had the fastest bike, so discounting riding for one minute, I watched both you mike, Ian, Phil betty, Robby and Mark down the back straight and up the hill into park corner, its much easier to judge from a distance, I recon mark was 3 to 5 MPH quicker than mike but, Ian was definitely quicker and catching or pulling away at all times onto and down the back straight, what amazed me was when Ian caught Mike in the first race on sunday, Ian did not over take and pull away, "why did he not over take and pull away". ? he pulled Mike in along the straight by at least 50 meters per lap, were you sand bagging Mike ?? - i know Peter has accused you of this in the past hiding your true speed, until a point when it really counts, and you won ? - Mark had two wins in the bag one lost because of his off, the other as a result of a DNF.

Anyway I also really enjoyed the weekend, even though it was bought to and end too quickly. I'm on holiday during the Lydden Hill meeting, but hope to be back out and with my son edward at mallory.

Many thanks to James /Nick /Chris and alan for a great evening on the Saturday, it's been so many years since I did this, what an enjoyable evening, talking the evening away, we talked about the here, the now, the past, the present and future, by the end i had to go to bed as I could not longer understand chris, I'm sure the others could.

all over a can of orange juice. !.

regards Derek.
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Cadwell meeting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell meeting...   Cadwell meeting... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi guys, I had a great weekend at Cadwell also, and a great night on Saturday. It was nice to see my bike out again (sorry to have missed Pembery) with Andy Moulden on board, well on top to be more precise. The bike was built to fit me, that means it was Ok for Mick & Andy C, but Andy M is just a bit taller so had to put 75mm of foam on the seat(that’s 3”to most bantam riders) just to get his feet on the rests. But he finished all his races & had fun (I hope). I now have the engine at home to strip & rebuild ready for Lydden. Before then Andy will have a knee bending exercise program to follow. It was good to see Mark back in action (don’t forget your rabbits foot for the next meeting) & skipper having a different bike to wreck, not to bad just the motor to rebuild on Saturday night. Andy C continued his Wobbly man tribute by borrowing Jose from Phil, he now has his new barrel and on excuse to not be on his own bike at Mallory. Where was Mike Redhead on Sunday?
I thought the racing was good at the weekend with some good dices for lead & place positions. Mike Powell did not let anyone know that he had found Mark's rabbits foot just before the last race. This is the only thing I can think of that kept his carb on until he crossed the line. Well done to all that had a good weekend commiserations to those who don’t & hope to see as many of you as pos. at Lydden.
Smiffy.
Back to top Go down
mike redhead

mike redhead

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Cadwell meeting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell meeting...   Cadwell meeting... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:16 am

Good Afternoon Ted,

Glad to hear you are out and about and hopefully feeling more like your old self, my non appearance on Sunday was down to transport issues, I had a kind offer of the use of a van, but in order to utilize the van we needed to obtain an MOT, unfortunatley my mechanic Jethro decided to throw his Bandit up the road the previous weekend rendering himself unfit for duty, bloody inconsiderate in my opinion, and at 72 you would think he would know better especially after watching me confuse ambition with ability on a number of occasions!

On the bright side he didnt do too much damage to the Bandit and we should have it back on the road in no time.

By all accounts we missed a cracking racing weekend that was incident packed and not all for the right reasons, we are now aiming for the Sept meeting at Mallory, fingers crossed.

A piece of advice to any other seventy two year old bandit riders,(well any seventy two year old riders really) watch yourself on Sutton Bank, its bloody steep and unforgiving if you get it wrong!

Oh by the way the old fool is okay just a bit banged and bruised, guess you dont bounce too well at that age

Take care Bantomites and see you soon.

Mike and Jethro
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Cadwell meeting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell meeting...   Cadwell meeting... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:10 am

Derek... No not me! Ian was sandbagging (he learnt it from me) He caught me and was waiting behind me to do me on the last lap! But underestimated my last lap increase in speed - 2 secs faster than the previous....

Ted ... My carb popped off between Barn and the finish line - had to coast to the chequered flag...

Mike
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

Cadwell meeting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell meeting...   Cadwell meeting... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 6:20 am

i Mike

yes for sure but only you really know this, I think you were both sand beginning too, I don't think Ian will make the same mistake again ! do you !.

great racing and tactics

regards Derek
Back to top Go down

Cadwell meeting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell meeting...   Cadwell meeting... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Sandbagging I wish I made the stupid mistake of getting wound up with the hold ups on the line and when the lights went out made another mistake hit the rev limiter and jumped out of gear by the time I got it in and pulled away mike was on his way down park straight and romping away with a gifted opportunity did manage to catch him but he got the better of me on the brakes shame what would another lap done? Properly nothing he knew I was there and was not giving it up with out a fight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cadwell meeting... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell meeting...   Cadwell meeting... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cadwell meeting...
Page 1 of 1