BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hows your luck!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nigel breeze

nigel breeze

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2007-12-23

hows your luck!!!! Empty
PostSubject: hows your luck!!!!   hows your luck!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:15 am

well when everything else is going wrong you think ill start me bike up have a play in the garage..... mmmmm.. well the iwis endless race primary chain snapped.. why? whynot... bought new one from rex caunt, exellent service turned up 24hrs later, you couldnt ask for a better service .. installed new chain not too much clutch basket damage. put the clutch back in adjusted it , checked to make sure it disengaged. wouldnt disengaged... stripped it down again. dont know why but i just span the basket on the shaft. my lovley, never been abused mainshaft... why is the clutch basket bobbing up and down? because its BENT....!!!!! affraid affraid affraid so im pretty sure that means its scrap. bsa part number 90-445 i believe with 19 teeth... whats my options? other than going up the local to drown in several pints.( see wanted section)
Back to top Go down
http://leginezeerb@hotmail.co.uk
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

hows your luck!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hows your luck!!!!   hows your luck!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:39 am

Bad News then Nigel! Are you dead certain as it has bent as it takes a lot of effort for that to happen.
Better to take the shaft out and put in a lathe to spin it and then you will be absolutely certain!
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
nigel breeze

nigel breeze

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2007-12-23

hows your luck!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hows your luck!!!!   hows your luck!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:50 am

alan ive just come out the garage. had the engine apart agian.... span the shaft slowley on the steel clutch rod and placed a dial guage on it...checked it against another 3speed shaft. its bent ok its even visable with the eye... but for my own peace of mind, and cost ill see if i can get someone else to check it as you say...... thanks. didnt make any real noise when it went didnt even cut out... still at least i wasnt on it affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://leginezeerb@hotmail.co.uk
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

hows your luck!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hows your luck!!!!   hows your luck!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:40 am

I agree with al, i would check it on a lathe, anyway if the bearing bolt faces are not dead accurate it will appear as though its running out, i have never stripped an engine and not found the clutch to run true, my experience is they all run out. well not al.

regards derek

Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

hows your luck!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Interesting revelations...   hows your luck!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 2:47 am

Interesting revelations -- clutches (acting like flywheels...!) orbitting mainshafts out of true whilst irregularly loading layshafts supported in ball bearings...

... might mean nothing -- on the other hand...?

Do some Bantam racers Change Down without disengagng the clutch?

Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Sponsored content

hows your luck!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hows your luck!!!!   hows your luck!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hows your luck!!!!
Page 1 of 1