BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

cadwell park 1998

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

cadwell park 1998 Empty
PostSubject: cadwell park 1998   cadwell park 1998 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:05 am

Hope this works may wake some of you lot up lol! turn the sound down Ned lol!
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

cadwell park 1998 Empty
PostSubject: How terribly boring...!   cadwell park 1998 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:15 am

Schnarsch!!!
-- snore - snore -- snore -- more schnores!!
Uh oh! Qne Moment! Forget the Glen Fiddick and pay attention, John-Boy -- Ow wow!
14 years ago --!!?? these pics -- That makes 44years since you were doing ánything so similar John-Boy! Anything so daft -- but by Heck! Why not?! Far better than being a couch potato with a Glen Fiddick in your chubby mitt as you are now!!
!
Cadwell Park -- 1998 -- looks like a stroll thro´ Hampstead Heath.

But now? That´s never Cadwell?-- where the hell is that??n Ow wow! Mike Powell dicing with whom -- und wünderbar! What action?! Fantastic! Played it three times. Much like like the Lydden epic with Nick & Ian, last year -- kept expecting one or the other would fall....

GREAT STUFF ROBBIE -- but just tell? -- who were the two dicing with Mike and which circuit was that??

Otherwise,
THANK YOU Young Man & happy new year.

Goes for the rest of you -- have a happy new year and a good season,
Yaaawwwnnn! JayBee.
No joke -- marvellous action.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

cadwell park 1998 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cadwell park 1998   cadwell park 1998 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi John
yes is cadwell woodland circuit
was filmed by a very young Joe Butcher. who will be out on the ex steve woods bike which you see in this film 120.
so you have kieth woods then mike powell pete tibbits and i can see andy moulden. dont no who the anothers are needs some help here boys come on wake up lol!
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

cadwell park 1998 Empty
PostSubject: Too much turkey or summatt!   cadwell park 1998 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Yeah Robby! I saw the first was Woodland circuit but not that one where Mike Powell and two others were in close combat for several laps -- didn´t look like Cadwell at all. It was another video attached to your Cadwell.
Joe Butcher riding Bantam? Or was it Joe riding the 250 Ducati, as usual? saw him and Mike Powell having a ding-dong at Lydden in 2005 where Mike´s Bantam did Joe´s Ducati -- or was it Mike did Joe with the riding? ... His Dad -- John Butcher -- was brilliant on the Triumph. Joe rode Andy Boyle´s RE GP5 replica that day which followed the 250 ABS -- which I rode and raced some thirty years earlier -- Cripes! does that make me feel old!!!! Bloody, soppy nostalgia again!

A well remembered Cadwell meeting was when it was so windy that Sticky Mick Scutt became unstuck on the top straight from Charley´s to Park and the fierce wind blew him and bike completely off the track so the organisers had us switch to Woodlands.
Proved how flea-weight (humble apologetics Mick!) the Bantam stars are -- whoops! hope I am not getting too personal!!
On that occasion, of us racing in Woodlands, the quality of Wobblyeyman´s personal preparation showed up when his front brake-drum exploded (said this before -- dínn I!) and Colin ended up in the hay in the Barn. Wonderful memory --- although it was bloody cold....

Good picture of that Bantam Twin -- I wonder what happened to it...

Uh oh! Actung! PS Edited... The attached videos to your film had changed when I went back there to look, just now... There were about six of them in a block the first time I visited the site and this time I took a peek they had all been changed. YouTube attachments I suppose -- I wonder how its done? Much like attaching a virus, i suppose. That 1st time I visited showed the Bantam Twin and this other race I was on about --
-- sorry if I caused confusion -- some would say I always did.

All the best!
Cheers!
JayBee.....

Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

cadwell park 1998 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cadwell park 1998   cadwell park 1998 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:34 am

Thats a blast from the past with me on 001 and Keith Woods on 002 both looking lovely in blue with classic SMS fairings, at the time i owned both bikes, Keith bought 002 later on.. also on circuit are Pete Tibbits Andy Moulden Paul Ralph or maybe Carl Coombes? John Baker ....
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

cadwell park 1998 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cadwell park 1998   cadwell park 1998 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:12 am

Hi Mike its not carl he did not start after I started again that was 2000 could iit be Matt ??? and would scuttie be another ???

Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

cadwell park 1998 Empty
PostSubject: Hi Robbie!   cadwell park 1998 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 4:56 am

Hi Robbie! What have you done to my PC? I went back and looked at that film of Cadwell and attached to it are loads more film-clips of car racing as well as bike racing and a meeting at Little Rissington² plus George Ridgeon³ singing the national anthem.

It seems it keeps unloading more film-clips each time I go back and open it up.

...² where the heck is Little Rissington?

...³ who the heck is George Ridgeon?

... and why do I keep getting all these film-clips s on my PC?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

cadwell park 1998 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cadwell park 1998   cadwell park 1998 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 5:50 am

Hi John
they are all linked with the word Bantam
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

cadwell park 1998 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cadwell park 1998   cadwell park 1998 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 7:33 am

John,

Little Rissington is in Gloucestershire, im sure most of the gents know who George is so will leave it at that.....

Eddie
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

cadwell park 1998 Empty
PostSubject: Hello Eddie!   cadwell park 1998 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 8:18 am

Hello Young Eddie!
So you are awake!

Little Rissing -- whatsit is in Gloucestershire and seems to have lots of corners -- but where exactly...? because I am very fond of the county having once spent a very cold winter in an army barracks called "Reserviour Camp" which was home of `The Gloucesters Regiment´... Actually -- I´ll say that with my Maggy Thatcher accent -- Ekk-chew--arlly! I think I have had too much Glen Fiddick and am out of control with this PC keyboard -- it keeps scribing things I do not intend to say...

In the winter of 1947 -- deep snow and ice everyhere -- must have been long before your time -- my buddy and I were thumbing a lift from Reserviour Camp to London and some joker in an army 15cwt Bedford told us he was going that way and dropped us off at a snow bound crossroads which still had no sign posts (they took all signposts down during the war) so we did not know where we were. A bloke with a Norton sidecar outfit stopped and informed us that we were not far froma village called `Paradise´...

Like it seemed I must have passed on and been in the place never intended for me -- `Paradise?´. However the Norton pilot welcomed us aboard and I had a cold seat until we got to near enough where we had started and then we had several different lifts to get to Oxford 16hours after we had started out...

Is there any evidence of Reserviour Camp having ever existed -- and "Paradise"????

The moral of this stupid story seems much as how I started Bantam racing -- hadn´t a bloody clue ... but eventually I got a pot each year for trying.

I should delete this but I aín´t going to because so very few Bantamites seem awake enough to make comment on here -- and they ought to be...

Tell your Dad to get cracking in 2013 and good luck to you both in the coming season and new year...

Cheers!
Hic!
Hic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cadwell park 1998 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cadwell park 1998   cadwell park 1998 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cadwell park 1998
Page 1 of 1