BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

bantam tuning manual

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mikerwt

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2015-08-28

bantam tuning manual Empty
PostSubject: bantam tuning manual   bantam tuning manual Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 7:49 pm

I'm the new boy on the block and have read all the postings on forum about a new book on bantam tuning and race preparation All I wish to say is PLEASE stop talking about it and get on with it as there are a few out here who would really appreciate some sensible guidance I have a copy of the original book and it is evident that things have mover on a little. A good book would help save a lot of sore knuckles and wasted time and money not to mention engine failures.I have just purchased an old racer with a view to having some fun next year I have no history but it is evident a lot of thought had gone in to this bike the engine is stripped and I'm measuring every thing to see what I've got. It was probably built 30 years ago was run at North glos events but never finished, the box of dead pistons that came with it was impressive. I would gladly pay for an advanced order if this encourages the author to crack on !!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Latest Info...   bantam tuning manual Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 4:05 am

Hi Mickerwt!

I have just been informed there´s information on this on Facebook....

Cannot guarantee that myself because Facebook won´t let me onto their website despite my trying several times .... Once blackened -- always forbidden I suppose....

Point of interest though what size is the Bantam engine you´ve got? and the `original book´ you spoke of -- what is the title?

Cheers!

John Bass -- ex chairman & racer BRC:- in the dark days when we knew nothing!!

Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: bantam tuning manual   bantam tuning manual Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 7:39 pm

Welcome to the Forum Mikerwt.
If you have any sort of Bantam question or are puzzled about what to do, just post, someone will help you out with advice and information!

Couldn`t agree more with you about the new book, I have a couple of articles ready to go, suitable for the tyro and "expert" alike, just need the rest to make similar declarations and we can move forward?

Regards, Trevor
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Racing Bantam Prep ... manaual   bantam tuning manual Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 1:52 am

Hi Mickerwt!

Have you yet looked at the contents of the blue boxes running across the top -- before you get to "Forum"?

3rd along under "BIKES" has "Tuning Info", `Build a 175 Racer´ and `Bantam Racer Articles´ which contain a lot of attached boxes full of information which cannot be all out-of-date...

.... and worth a read in any case.

... and the 4th box along: "RACING" has "Getting Started" and under "Rules" has the Formulae which -- is of course -- very important if you wish to race a Bantam under Bantam Racing Rules ...

... there´s an additional box connected to the latter titled "Tools" which shows how to make a Piston-Pin-Pulling Tool which is now totally redundant- This was explained just recently in a posting on here where modern pistons have `loose`piston pins.... There´s a clutch assembly tool which might even be relevants today -- among many other HomeMade tools....

At least they might give you a few ideas before 2015 end......

What size is the engine in the Bantam you have? There´s quite a diffrence in 125 and 175 Formulae which is worth taking a look at before jumping for one or the other. The 3 speed 125 is more difficult to race competitively than the 4 speed 175 but there are restriction´s on the 175 which don´t -- straightaway-- make it the obvious choice.

Best of luck!

Cheers!

John.

Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Must Apologise ...   bantam tuning manual Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 3:54 am

Must apologise --

SORRY!

I have been wondering  about the "Old Manual" , where to get it --  and not finding it began thinking it was a figment of someone´s imagination ...

.... I was looking under "GETTING STARTED "  and there it is stated that there is a beiginners Manual  and it is available ...

Since I missed it -- can I be told how to get hold of copy ---

Please don´t tell me it is available on Facebook .... Facebook repeatedly tell me I am not me.

Cheers!

JB....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bantam tuning manual   bantam tuning manual Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bantam tuning manual
Page 1 of 1