BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......

Go down 
+2
Trevor Amos
rexcaunt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rexcaunt

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2014-07-31

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Empty
PostSubject: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 1:20 am

Hi All,

Nick had Great Fun last year on his 4-port Bantam 186cc winning the 250 Classic Single Cylinder Championship at Tonfanau! Very Happy

More to follow!

Have an Awesome Week!...Rex

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... TONFANAU_RACE_DAY_27_MARCH_2016_2

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... DYNURUN_462

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... BSA_BANTAM_RACER_TECHNICAL_SPECIFICATION_VERSION
......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... BSA_BANTAM_RACER_TECHNICAL_SPECIFICATION_VERSION
Back to top Go down
http://www.rexcauntracing
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Morning Rex,
Is there any chance you could post all of this information in a larger format, I know it may just be me , but I can`t seem to read a damn thing, and I have new glasses to boot?

Cheers, Trevor

Back to top Go down
rexcaunt

PostSubject: .....*LARGER FORMAT*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 9:28 pm

Morning Trevor!

Great to hear your interest!....... Very Happy

Please give us your address and I will post you a hard copy!

We have post going out today so it's a Great opportunity!

The same goes for other readers!......... It will be our pleasure!......... Very Happy

Have an Awesome Week!

Rex
Back to top Go down
John Colter

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2014-10-23

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 9:36 pm

That is a great result, Rex. Those Tonfanau meetings seem to feature an interesting mix of classes within each race. Do they really sent the 50s, 125s and 250s out together? I must go to Tonfanau this year and have a butchers.

I see their first meeting is scheduled for Sun 16th April. It's in my diary!
Back to top Go down
rexcaunt

PostSubject: ......*MORNING JOHN*.........   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 10:34 pm

Morning John,

Thank you for your response!

Yes, it's a lot like a time warp at their events with an atmosphere of the 70's! Very Happy

You are correct about the mix of 50's, 125's and 250's!

It's amazing to see!

Can you make it to Mallory 24th March?

It would be Great to see You!.... Very Happy

All The Best!....Rex
Back to top Go down
John Colter

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 11:37 pm

March 24th - I see that's a BHRC practice day. Oooo! I'll definitely try to be there.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Fill me in John....   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 3:47 am

Fill me in*** John -- where is Tonfanau?

Sounds a bit Welsh....

*** what an expression -- not too nice, really.

I read recently in the Daily Mail that there is a prison in North Wales where there´s a TV, shower and mod facilities in every resident's room (calling them cells and convicts is no longer permitted). Way things are going with my pension reduced by what the pound is worth as Euros here now, I might nip across
do a bank. give myself up (after watching Bantams racing) -- and live it up.

Sorry to hear about Terry.

All the best,

Cheers!

JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
John Colter

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 6:25 am

Hi, John B.

Tonfanau is village on the coast of mid Wales about twenty miles North of Aberystwyth. There is a defunct Army training camp nearby, and it is now a racing circuit, no doubt using the roads that serviced the camp. I've been meaning to go to spectate there for some time. I made arrangements to go early last year, but the weather forecast for the day was terrible. Sure enough the wind and rain were so bad that the organisers had to cancel the meeting. I was glad I decided not to go.

The circuit looks small and very narrow - ideal for classic racing machines. I REALLY must get my arse in gear and drag myself over there. It's about ninety miles from home, and a very pleasant drive through the wonderful Welsh countryside.

If I do manage to get there, I'll post a report of my experiences on here.

TTFN,

John C.
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 10:01 am

Thank you Rex, a kind and generous offer, I will email my postal details.

Cheers Trevor
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 10:15 am

Trevor Amos wrote:
Morning Rex,
                  Is there any chance you could post all of this information in a larger format, I know it may just be me , but I can`t seem to read a damn thing, and I have new glasses to boot?

Cheers, Trevor

Trevor did you try clicking on the shots Rex posted ? It blew them up to full screen for me.
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 1:20 am

Thank you for that advice Ned, but yes it was the first thing I tried but, I have experienced endless problems with my Windows 10 installation. At one time Edge completely disappeared along with desk top programs rendering access to the internet almost impossible. My `Wackies` source file was discovered to have been dumped into the recycle bin!? However my eldest daughter, who in the past has assembled her own desk top towers, just for fun, spent a good deal of yesterday recovering all that was lost. The logic of the whole thing passed me by, but it is gratifying to be able call on clever kids! Thankfully all seems stable now.

On a different topic, is there any movement on rewriting of the Bantam formula rules yet?

Cheers Trevor
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 1:24 am

John,
       Being incarcerated, at Her Majesty`s Pleasure with three square and all found is a pretty good option for a lot of people, you don`t need a get-away driver do you?

Are you able John to find any information about a 1926 vehicle called a `Mauser Einspur monotrace` , it looks like a two wheeled, car bodied vehicle with stabilisers. Sounds and is weird, I`ve had no joy with my computed playing up on me. The Mauser connection sounds promising though.

Cheers, Trevor
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 4:13 am

Thank you Rex and Debb,
Just returned from a trip into Wells and your information was waiting in the post box. I can now enjoy an hour or so with the calculator number crunching!

Grateful thanks. Trevor
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Mauser -- now that is interesting...   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 3:49 am

Hi Trevor,
Mauser has an intereting history -- they made lathes and guns and other things -- I must try to find out.

Re the prison in North Wales -- Thank you ´John C ... -- Irmy (Irmgard my CO) says we gotta go for it, if they have double cells -- Oh, I mean double ROOMs (word 'cells' ain't permitted) ...

Talking of getaway drivers reminds of doing a stint in Burundi when the bank in the little town in which I was bedding-down was raided and the getaway car driver stalled and could not get started so the 4 man gang grabbed a taxi, threw the driver out -- ingoring his entreaties that he was on the way to fill up -- and than the bank-robbers ran out of gas....

Might be an idea -- having a nice holiday on HRH, much like being a r.....ee***-- and with such a nice HoC*** governor we could be allowed out to see the racing.

***r......ee = slightly displaced person and HoC = House of Correction -- must not meantion P.....n any more

JayBee --- highly classified --- must not say what that means ...

Back to top Go down
John Colter

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 6:50 pm

"House of Correction" - didn't know you were into that kinda thing, JB.

You naughty, naughty boy!
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Some strange ...   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 5:19 am

Some strange comfortable, legal houses here in Germany John....

The poor souls in England catch pneumonia whilst the police patrol are looking for curb-crawlers... Just aint right
according to EU regulations.... Too late now to go copying the Germans...!!

Better get back to Bantam Racing or get drummed out....

March 6th -- I think, 1969 ... not sure -- I had entered for a Bantam race in the programme of a National Meeting and on 5th March evening it snowed really heavily and on through the night. I rang Brands hatch early on the suuny morning of the 6th and one of the National Star riders replied that the dip between Paddock and Druids was full of snow -- at least ten feet deep -- and as there was no snowplow available it was doubtful whether anyone would be racing ....

Not exact words, there were some barrack-room inlectives added in the original.

I often wondered if it was Phil Read, Billy Ivy, Peter Williams or whom of the top riders of the day who spoke to me because I could then say I had spoken with him....

Take care!

Cheers!

JayBee.....

Back to top Go down
rexcaunt

PostSubject: .....TECH ON 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING ENGINE.....   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 6:34 am

Hello All!

Some more photos of Nick's motor!

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... 28_BHP_CYLINDER_VIEW_10

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... 28_BHP_CYLINDER_VIEW_8

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... 28_BHP_CYLINDER_VIEW_9

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... 28_BHP_CYLINDER_VIEW_3

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... 28_BHP_BILLET_CYLINDER_HEAD

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... VM34.6_TAPER_BORE_4

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... VM34.6_TAPER_BORE_5

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... VM34.6_TAPER_BORE_1

If anyone seeks information on this fascinating engine just ask! Very Happy

We will do our best to enlighten!

Have a Brilliant Week! Very Happy

Rex, Debb & Steff
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Congratulations Rex...   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 12:05 am

Congratulations Rex on showing so well in pics...
and apologies for getting banal -- but that´s how one gets when ancientcy takes over.

All the best,
JayBee...
Back to top Go down
nigel breeze

nigel breeze

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 4:37 am

hello Rex,here we go then,.... is that cylinder sleeved or nicosil coated? do you think that the smaller transfers are possibly somewhat shielded from optimum flow by the sleeve and barrel spigot? study do you run oil or atf in your engine or has your clutch mod been good enough not to slip. As you’ve not been held back by other rules do you run programmable ignition? As an air-cooled engine, any issues with cooling?

Regards, nigel.
Back to top Go down
http://leginezeerb@hotmail.co.uk
rexcaunt

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 6:46 am

Hi Nigel,

Great to get your reply!

This cylinder is coated with nicasil!

We want to learn about flow/pressures for effect on performance so have an open mind, but will be investigating further once we have castings to modify!..... Very Happy

The motor was run with Std. PVL set up for the Tonfanu championship with Avgas as fuel and ran fairly cool around 115-127°C head temp. with the clutch on borderline grip which might have been caused by oil breakdown and is currently under investigation! The engine has proved most reliable and is currently running a PVL programmable kit to aid further ongoing development! We look forward to learning lots more! Cheers............Rex
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 9:42 am

Beautiful workmanship like that deserves to get results.
Unfortunately I couldn't get to the race weekend which was a shame because it looks like the racing was close. I saw you on the practice day but noticed you was busy and didn't want to interrupt you.
Back to top Go down
rexcaunt

PostSubject: ............*PRACTICE DAY*............   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi Ned.

Sorry we did not meet up on the practice Day!

It's always Good to chat and swap notes on two strokes! There is so much more

to discover!................. Very Happy

Hopefully see you at another meeting during the year!............... Very Happy

A bit more on the motor!

We chose to limit flow from the crankcase to the rear ports and see if there

was still reasonable power available!................. Very Happy

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... CRANKCASE_TRANSFER_MOD_2

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... CRANKCASE_TRANSFER_MOD_4

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... CRANKCASE_TRANSFER_MOD_5

The piston used is a single ring version of our road/trials 64mm made for us in Taiwan!

All the Best! Have a Great Week!...... Very Happy .......Rex
Back to top Go down
rexcaunt

PostSubject: .....*MORE BIKE PHOTOS FROM TODAY*....   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Hi Everyone!

With the dry weather around today, it's an ideal time to get out the camera

once again!....... Very Happy

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... RACE_BIKE_28_HP_KIT_PIPE_30_APRIL_2017_1

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... RACE_BIKE_28_HP_KIT_PIPE_30_APRIL_2017_2

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... RACE_BIKE_28_HP_KIT_PIPE_30_APRIL_2017_9

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... RACE_BIKE_28_HP_KIT_PIPE_30_APRIL_2017_4

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... RACE_BIKE_28_HP_KIT_PIPE_30_APRIL_2017_8

Have a Wonderful Bank Holiday!.............. Very Happy

All the Best!............Rex
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:19 am

Hi Rex is that a stick on temperature gauge on the left side of the cylinder head ? We tried them when I was riding but didn't rely learn a lot from them.
Back to top Go down
rexcaunt

PostSubject: .......*TEMP INDICATORS*.......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 7:30 pm

Good Morning Ned!

Good work spotting that........ Very Happy

We tend to try all sorts of ideas and to be honest we rediscovered these after I

used them in ancient times on the old air cooled Yam AS1!........ Very Happy

In 1969 I got them from Paddock Motorcycles in Derby!

Now we like to check the piston crown and wet line in the pipe after a chop on

full song!

The adventure continues!............ Very Happy

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... CYLINDER_HEAD_AFTER_TONFANAU_2

This is a head shot after a hard run at Tonfanau!

Now some piston shots:

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... PISTON_CONDITION_SEPT_9_2016_1

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... PISTON_CONDITION_SEPT_9_2016_2

Have a Wonderful Bank Holiday!.......... Very Happy

Cheers!...........Rex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......   ......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

......*NICK'S 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER*......
Page 1 of 1