BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Richard howell

Go down 
+2
Ned
ROBBIE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

Richard howell Empty
PostSubject: Richard howell   Richard howell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 6:36 am

Hi Richard used to race with you back in 1978 1978.
now up dated my name as robbie. but really Robin Brown
now do you remember Laughing
Heard you still got the bikes why don't coming out to play
my son should be out late in the season too
would be nice to see you at a meeting somtime
Robin
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Richard howell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Richard howell   Richard howell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 10:54 am

Wa Hay! Welcome aboard Rich. Give my regards to your Mum & Dad I hope they are both keeping well. Ned
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2006-12-05

Richard howell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Richard howell   Richard howell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 10:12 pm

Hi Rich, long time no see, give my regards to your parents as well, remember your dad and me worked at the same place in Bishops Stortford. Post up and let us know how you all are mate.
Back to top Go down
RichardHowell

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Richard howell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Richard howell   Richard howell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 9:32 am

Hi Robin, Ned and Mick! Was really nice to see you all saying Hi after I signed up!
I can't believe it was almost 24 years since I had my leg over the Bantam.. and lots has happened since then. Sadly my Dad, Lionel, passed away in 2004 at 71 years old.
I saw the post from John, the chap in NZ who bought the bike from my Dad in I guess around 1987/88???? So I'll reply to that post with a bit more info very soon.
In the meantime, All the Best!
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Richard howell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Richard howell   Richard howell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 10:27 am

Sorry to hear that Lionel has gone Richard. I remember the Howell clan well and always considered your family to be what the Bantam Club was all about, with all the family getting involved. Please tell your Mum that the little toddler that she used to call 'little Ned' is now a 32yr old 17 1/2 stone ex pro boxer, with 4 kids. Ned
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2006-12-05

Richard howell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Richard howell   Richard howell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 8:42 pm

Oh I am very sorry mate, Lionel was a great bloke and as Ned said, your family epitomized the BRC ethos. Keep in touch mate, your here now, you might as well stick around. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
johnSbantam

johnSbantam

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Richard howell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Richard howell   Richard howell Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 11:09 pm

Hello Richard.

Very sorry to hear about your Dad.
I would be very interested to hear of any information about the bike I bought from Lionel. I also bought a 125 cast iron barrelled longstroke engine from him, I raced it for many years in numerous events. It will be going out in old mates D7 based racer at Pukekohe Festival next weekend.
Back to top Go down
RichardHowell

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Richard howell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Richard howell   Richard howell Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 1:48 am

[quote="johnSbantam"]Hello Richard.

Hi John, I'm really pleased to see you still have the bike and racing it! I saw from your post on the forum that you had not heard back from my Dad all those years ago.. Well in about 1988 my folks sold up and moved from Bishops Stortford to Cornwall, so I guess that was the reason. I've got quite a few photos from the last years we raced the bike, so I'll try to dig them out for you. Briefly the Dad built the watercooled bike in around 1980. He broke his back in an accident at Snetterton that year and I carried on with the bike after he retired! I think I was 12th in the BRC Championship in 1981, 2nd in 1982. I cant remember what position I got in 1983 (5th??)but sadly that was the last year I raced due to career stuff etc. Anyway at the risk of boring everyone here, I'll give you my email address where we can continue the details if you like.. I'd love any photo's you have of the bike if you have any?
Best Regards, Richard richintnl@aol.com
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Richard howell Empty
PostSubject: Photo's   Richard howell Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 9:38 pm

Hi Richard
Try and get some pic's up on this site we'd all love to have a look !
Our racing careers just overlapped I started in '82' but had been watching/helping my brother from '80' It's funny the thinks you remember - your mum's Gill (Jill ?) and your Uncle? John also raced and had an orange screen on his bant ! I was trying to remember when you were no.2 ? When Rick and I bought the Pete and Ned bikes they carried 2's as Ned had finnished second in '83' to Bernie Webster.
Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Richard howell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Richard howell   Richard howell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Richard howell
Page 1 of 1