BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

racer for sale?

Go down 
+2
alan
robbie100
6 posters
AuthorMessage
robbie100

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-20

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:26 am

hi im looking for a cheap race bike for the coming season dont mind what condition as i race a few bikes i live in lincs area any help will be much appreciated thanks
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi Robbie,
You will need to get along to a few meetings and see everyone, start with the practice day.
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
robbie100

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:18 pm

yeah im gonna have to get there. what should i b looking at paying roughly for a 175 thats ready? any ideas
Back to top Go down
tonydavis

tonydavis

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2006-12-01

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:00 pm

robbie100 wrote:
yeah im gonna have to get there. what should i b looking at paying roughly for a 175 thats ready? any ideas

Finding one's the hard bit, all the good ones stay in the club so as Alan says get to meetings.It's a matter of being in the right place at the right time with the intentions of racing and keeping it in the club.

I guess anything between £1000-£1500 as it cost more than this to build a good one from scratch.

Good Luck

Tony

ps Stay away from heaps pf crap on Ebay,they'll cost you a fortune in the long run and never make the grade affraid
Back to top Go down
robbie100

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:10 pm

well that sounds pretty cheap. ive been off road racing for a few years now and fancied road racing but couldnt afford a decet bike but your club sounds a good laugh ill be attending a few meeting this year deffo!! ive also noticed a few of the lads also live in lincoln as well!!
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:07 am

Hi Robbie100 i live in Lincoln as does Ian and James, where abouts are you? The CRMC don't have a bantam class - we all race with BHR. Message me on bantam33@hotmail.co.uk Mike
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-04-16

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:12 pm

Mike sorry, I think you probably misunderstood me. I'm going to parade in the CRMC instead of racing with the Bantams. As it is alot cheaper and you get a feel for the same tracks earlier but not race.
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:13 pm

*With a CB125 I'm currently in connection with. It's bored out to 200cc.
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 6:01 am

Tim have you given up on racing a bantam? You can not race a Honda CB with BHR as its japanese! My advice is parade a bantam for a year then race it with us (BHR). How much is it to parade with CRMC? It can not be that cheap!
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 7:11 am

I'm afraid so Mike. Crying or Very sad Parading within the CRMC is £122 per meeting which is you get 4 parades in a two-day weekend. Cheaper than racing but you get a feel for the tracks they race on. What's parading like in the BHR?

Tim
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:07 am

BHR only do racing! well sometimes there may be a bantam or velo parade but generally just racing! Have you not thought of doing track days they are cheap at this time of year!? So i assume when you have done time parading a Honda you will then race with the CRMC? Perhaps you will change your name to Hondaparadertim? lol Tim parade a bantam!! with the CRMC but keep to the circuits BHR do then come racing....
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:25 pm

I've thought of doing No Limits track days since they do juniors. I have had a look at Ron Haslam at Donington. Looks good. Using CBR125's I think. Well....parading with the CRMC for a year then come do Bantams....seems doable. I have half of a Bantam reassembled in the garage at the moment. Probably will knock up something racer-like over the term and holidays.
Back to top Go down
robbie100

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:43 am

hi mike im on winn street in the city centre im thinking of going to a few meetings and meeting a few people and check a few bikes out as ive never even ridden a bantam!!!!! but want to get into a bit of track racing as the off road scenes died off lately and the sandracings getting too cold!!!
Back to top Go down
zak_perrin

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-06-15

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:35 pm

Tim, parade the bantam Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

racer for sale? Empty
PostSubject: Re: racer for sale?   racer for sale? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

racer for sale?
Page 1 of 1