BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Building a Bantam Racer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BANTAMBUILDER

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Building a Bantam Racer Empty
PostSubject: Building a Bantam Racer   Building a Bantam Racer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:42 am

Hello all,
Just introducing myself.
My name is Jon Pearce and I am currently building a Bantam 175 Racer.

I have raced karts on and off for many years and married into a motorcycle racing family.
I am an engineer by trade and have built a few bikes before - mostly pre 65 stuff.

Just to give a quick outline of the Bantam spec that i am building :

Bantom D7 main loop.
Custom subframe.
Twin shocks.
18 inch wire wheels with bantam rear hub, front disk.
Honda NSR125 forks and yokes.
Merlin exhaust, hopefully.

Engine is d7 cases, and will have PVL (KART !) ignition, Alloy Barrel and squish type head, cr 3 speed box, etc, etc.

I would like to make contact with anyone who has a competitive Bantam Racer living in the wiltshire / Gloucester area?
It would be good if I could take a few pictures and measurements, especially the forks, as the NSR forks are a couple of inches too long ?
Lots to ask, but dont want to bore anyone at this stage!
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Building a Bantam Racer   Building a Bantam Racer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:48 am

I live in Wiltshire Jon and I'm currently building a racer as well. I live in Downton, on the outskirts of Salisbury. Whereabouts do you live?

Tim
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Building a Bantam Racer   Building a Bantam Racer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:37 am

Hi Jon,
Good to see that you got onto the forum eventually! I will email you a contact number, but in short if you are building you need to read the rules carefully for both the 175 class and the 125 class and understand the differences. For this see the main web site.
Get along to the race meetings and talk to everyone, and then make your own decisions.
There is good information in the bikes and tuning sections on the main site, and the Brian White section is an excellent starting point. Keep posting on here and asking questions, there are not too many racers that use the computor a lot but someone will eventually answer!
Good luck!
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
tonydavis

tonydavis

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Building a Bantam Racer   Building a Bantam Racer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi John

I put this together a few years back, most info upto date, some prices have changed especially PVL.

http://www.bsabantamracing.com/bikes/build175.html

Some cut and weld forks others cut and re machine the thread I left mine long!

Good luck with build, get to a meeting and the current campaigners will be more than helpful.

Tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building a Bantam Racer   Building a Bantam Racer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building a Bantam Racer
Page 1 of 1