BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rod & Piston Combinations for a 175cc Race Motor.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BANTAMBUILDER

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Rod & Piston Combinations for a 175cc Race Motor. Empty
PostSubject: Rod & Piston Combinations for a 175cc Race Motor.   Rod & Piston Combinations for a 175cc Race Motor. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:57 am

Hi again,

I would like to find out what pistons are available for use with an RD400 Rod, in a 175cc motor. (58mm stroke).

I am willing to consider a range of bore sizes at this stage, up to and including 64mm.

I would ideally like to use a caged roller small end or a crowded needle arrangement.

Any help and advice would save me a lot of research !

Many thanks. Jon.
Back to top Go down
TERRY

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Rod & Piston Combinations for a 175cc Race Motor.   Rod & Piston Combinations for a 175cc Race Motor. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:14 pm

HI JON TO THE FIRST TWO PARTS IT WOULD BE BEST IF YOU EMAIL ROBBIE BROWN HE RACES A 175, I THINK HE COULD HELP YOU ON THAT ONE. HE AS PUT SOME INFO ON THE FORUM ABOUT THE 175 BUILD SOME TIME AGO, IF NO JOY WITH HIM TRY STEVE FRAYNE,

TO THE LAST PART IT WOULD BE BEST TO GO WITH CROWDED ROLLERS. WHEN CAGED ROLLER TYPE BRAKE UP IT DOES A LOT OF DAMAGE TO THE ENGINE WE HAD THIS SOME TIME AGO. SOME OF THE LADS HAVE HAD IT AS WELL,
HOPE THAT HELPS TERRY
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Rod & Piston Combinations for a 175cc Race Motor.   Rod & Piston Combinations for a 175cc Race Motor. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi conrods you need 125MM center rod. if your going to use RD400 rod you will need small flywheels. I run road wheels and SEADOO 580 rod which is like the maico ktm rod which is getting hard to get. pistons you can use ts185 road piston or A pe175 but I use old turned down tz 350 pistons hope this helps
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Rod & Piston Combinations for a 175cc Race Motor.   Rod & Piston Combinations for a 175cc Race Motor. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:32 pm

CHECK OUT TONY DAVIES BIT ON HERE IT IS very helpful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rod & Piston Combinations for a 175cc Race Motor.   Rod & Piston Combinations for a 175cc Race Motor. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rod & Piston Combinations for a 175cc Race Motor.
Page 1 of 1