BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Old programmes

Go down 
+6
DavidK
ptibbitt125
bennion
alan
john bass
Mick Jones
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DavidK

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-12-13

Old programmes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Derick   Old programmes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:55 am

I am sorry your memorys of me are of being picked up from the paddock floor.
I think by the time i had been travelling marshall for a few years, paddock marshall for a few more then finally clerk of course i must have picked up half the bantam club, dusted them down, given them a bollocking if needed and sent them on their way.:
Back to top Go down
bennion

bennion

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2006-12-23

PostSubject: Cadwell Park 14 August 1977   Old programmes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 6:59 am

Mick

Hold tight - I have the answer to your query.

I have just dug out my somewhat dog eared copies of the BRC magazines for 1977.

Issue 178 (July 1977) of the mag notes on the front page " Extra Cadwell Meeting on August 14th" This was to be a non-championship event.

The results were published in the following issue. The event was held on the 1.3 mile circuit.

You won the Novice race in a time of 11.46.0. Fastest lap was by Andy Lloyd (4th) of the Cheshire Centre in 1.25.0. John Pearce was 2nd and Ted Smith was 3rd

The Inter/Novice race was won by Bob Allen in 11.23.4 and again Andy Lloyd (2nd)put up fastest lap in 1.23.2. Rob Sherwood was 3rd and Mick, you were 4th in this race.

There were 3 other Bantam races that day, all won by Terry Brown.

Ned Quirey scored a 6th Inter, and 4th and 6th in the Open Bantam races.

Gerry Daine scored a 9th in an Open race.

Fastest Bantam lap of the day was Neil Andrew in 1.18.4 at 59.69mph.

As these mags are now out of their long term hidy hole, I'll start to scam them for the website in due course.

Trust this relieves your furrowed brow.....

Regards

Chris Smile
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Old programmes   Old programmes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:59 pm

Brilliant Chris, cheers mate, at last I have the answer and can sleep again, lol. My only regrets about that first win was the fact i was so far in front that i decided to cruise round and wave at people, lol. If i'd got my head down i reckon i could have lapped the field and secured fastest lap to boot. I remember Ted coming up to me after the race and not knowing i was cruising, saying that he and John were definately catching me, lol. Cheers again Chris and no i'm not racing now and don't miss it one bit, well except for the adrenelin rush, competition, friends, laughs, nah don't miss it a bit Sad
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Old programmes   Old programmes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 4:15 am

"How old are you now Mick" why not get another Bantam and come and join in the fun now you got your buss pass you passed it.
Mike P and Ted's words not mine, !

Besides Mick Nash'D' villia is still racing he looks ok on a bike for a 72 year old. well I think he's 72, he and chris came to see us last year, besides he looks quite quick, for a 76 year old, we saw him last years at the practice Mallory day on his Bultaco. - I hear on the grapevine he and Martin were about to or are building another Formula Bantam.

Kind Regard

Derek
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

PostSubject: Re: Old programmes   Old programmes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:06 am

I'm 58 Derek and at 6'4" and 16 stone, not bantam material, i was 12.5 stone back in the day. If i were to have another go it would be CRMC stuff mate, I could ride a big diesel again but money and time are scarce and I just wouldn't be competitive any more. I had my time and knew when to let go. I'm trying to get to Pembrey though, my local track and hope to see you all there.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Old programmes   Old programmes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:31 am

Mick come on your a light weight, - besides I thought you were much older, ?
lol!

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

PostSubject: Re: Old programmes   Old programmes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 8:46 am

cheers on both counts Derek....i think!!!
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Old programmes   Old programmes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:00 am

Oi Mick
notice my avatar picture, see my shoulder, you can see how tight my leathers are, set from when I stopped almost 10 years ago.!

we had to use an extractor cord to pull up the zip, you can see I'm about to burst out of them, they look as if they are full of compressed air !

I will be putting them on the "for sale" board later in the year.

Anyway, spoke to karl Andrew today, Its been 4 years since I seen him last, blimy dont the years go by quickly, before you know it "your passed it" - sure we can all look back and say "I wished I had done" this/ that/ or the other ?.

the compliment ? "your most welcome" !! I'm full of them!

lol! .

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

PostSubject: Re: Old programmes   Old programmes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:48 am

Luckily Derek I can look back and say that I did this, that and plenty of the other Cool I packed up in 83 as reigning 1300cc 4 stroke champion, the second championship, the first was 250 production in 80. I had an international licence and had shared the track with quite a few notables of the day and was getting top 6 places in nationals. No regrets here mate but i do know i had some good years left in me, unfortunately i was in a bit of an emotional crisis so went off to live in Spain for 3 years to sort my head, although i did do some off road desert racing on a 250 Montesa just for old times sake. Smile
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Old programmes   Old programmes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:05 am

Hi Mick
thanks for sharing this with us, there are so many tales like this, from people looking in,
mind you "your never too old" Mick.

kind regards Derek
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Old programmes   Old programmes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:35 pm

Mick 6'4" and 16st would put you in Dereks light weight class!!!

You sound like a candidate for a 175 mate !! lol

Hope to see you at Pembrey, you prob won't remember me as I was 17 in 83 when you were an established star!

Mike
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

PostSubject: Re: Old programmes   Old programmes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:34 am

LOL!!! Mike, cheers mate, a star. Look forward to seeing you in jolly old welsh wales, i'm trying my best to be there and looks good at the moment. Anyone got a paddock pass free, be like old times then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old programmes   Old programmes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old programmes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2