BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216

Go down 
+2
Mick Jones
mjpowell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216 Empty
PostSubject: 21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216   21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Looking at the gearing chart I have from BRC mag 216 I noticed interesting things-The results of the 21st Anniversary meeting were published. The Anniversary inter/novice race at the meeting was won by a Terry Harvey, is thet you Terry our newest forum member? Mick Cashmore won the Anniversary Bantam race. John Bass paraded Neds bantam and crashed it , Roy Bacon wore Wellie Boots to parade in. The parade was lead by Clive Horton.
The editor of the mag then was Ned, and current bantam standings were:-

1 Mick Cashmore 52/5
2 John Sawer 42/4
3 Roger Louis 35/4
4 Richard Powell 27/4
5 John Bridgen 23/4
6 Brian Rogers 22/4
7 Dave Outred 20/4
8 Brian White 19/3
9 Ned Quirey 15/3
10 Brian Ing 10/4
11 Peter Styles 9/1
12 Mark Carkeek 9/1

oh and Mick Jones was selling a frame tent 'sleeps 4-6 people'
and Tony Davis a TZ piston £5,a pair of bantam wheels £2 and 30mm clip-ons £1.50

Ned how's your memory??
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216   21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:45 am

lol, good tent that was, my sponsor bought me a caravan, luxury after all those years cheers
Back to top Go down
Terry Harvey

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216   21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:41 am

Hi Mike, Yes my first race win at the tender age of 16! had one more win at Lydden, just beating the current champ Peter Tibbitts. Went on to race 250 singles and then a TZ350 which I have just collect in boxes from my dads garage, should keep me busy!
have been following the website for a while and think showing the old programmes is a really good idea!
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: 21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216   21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:46 am

mike ill take the clip-ons and wheels, thanks, tell me were i need to send the money.

regards Derek.
Back to top Go down
tonydavis

tonydavis

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: 21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216   21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:08 am

mjpowell wrote:
Looking at the gearing chart I have from BRC mag 216 I noticed interesting things-The results of the 21st Anniversary meeting were published. The Anniversary inter/novice race at the meeting was won by a Terry Harvey, is thet you Terry our newest forum member? Mick Cashmore won the Anniversary Bantam race. John Bass paraded Neds bantam and crashed it , Roy Bacon wore Wellie Boots to parade in. The parade was lead by Clive Horton.
The editor of the mag then was Ned, and current bantam standings were:-

1 Mick Cashmore 52/5
2 John Sawer 42/4
3 Roger Louis 35/4
4 Richard Powell 27/4
5 John Bridgen 23/4
6 Brian Rogers 22/4
7 Dave Outred 20/4
8 Brian White 19/3
9 Ned Quirey 15/3
10 Brian Ing 10/4
11 Peter Styles 9/1
12 Mark Carkeek 9/1

oh and Mick Jones was selling a frame tent 'sleeps 4-6 people'
and Tony Davis a TZ piston £5,a pair of bantam wheels £2 and 30mm clip-ons £1.50

Ned how's your memory??

sorry * All Items Now Sold * 30yrs ago Suspect
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: 21st Anniversary Meeting --BRC 216   21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 12:31 am

Sweet memories of the Bantam Club´s 21st anniverary:-
--
-- Lot of noise in next door´s cubicle -- huffing and puffing and, "Sorry! he´s gone!"
It was an Old Chap passing away of an heart attack -- Sister looks in, sees smashed crash helmet (less the toilet paper which had made it fit...) on end of stretcher and says loudly to an unknown audience, "Oh! it´s one of THEM!" Then she spoke to me direct, "Why can´t you do the sensible thing of a Sunday? -- do you have to go falling off motorbikes.? What have you eaten ...?"
`Oh Holy Murphy´ I said to myself, `They are going to operate...´-- " Nothing!" I murmered, miserably, "Never eat before racing ..." (Wouldn´t explain why -- nobody´d understand going without brekkers just because of the poor little Bantam!)...
Then I muttered quietly that the objective had been to stay on, that it weren´t my fault -- blame Bill Lawrence for persuading me to come to Snetterton -- my jinx circuit -- and that four-eyed-gitt, Dick Hunter for sticking up two fingers as he passed me during a parade, which passing was against parade rules. The Chief Marshall had said was, "This parade is where you must maintain station..." --
Well all I wanted was to get my station back. In so doing, DH and I passed several other Bantams because of me trying to "... maintain station..."
Ned reckoned his engine seized but I thought I´d applied too much front brake just before the bridge.... Always felt sorry for wrecking his bike...

At the 2005 Lydden Parade -- for which I didn´t manage to borrow a bike -- I would obviously NOT have crashed because there was no rule about "Holding Station" -- or if there was everyone out there was breaking it. It was like a real - ballsout -- race -- all rushing about like madmen...
I nicked a couple of Keith Webb´s pomme-frits (fat chips) as he said in open-eyed-& open-mouthed awe, "Cor, JayBEE! did we used to go THAT fast ...?"

Cheers!

PS -- I´ve mentioned it before, "Mind how you go. The earth is likely to lose its FORCE OF GRAVITY which might mean you´d be thinking what a wonderful bit of tuning you had achieved as you flew off out into endless space.... "
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: 21st Anniversary...   21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 12:44 am

At the 2005, Lydden anniversary I did borrow leathers and was in the Gents loo where I had got the legs part way on where they stuck fast. In trying to get to the wash basins, for support, I fell onto the floor. A bloke came in and asked the obvious and I said, "Do me a favour, pull `em off willya, I can´t even walk in these leathers and they are only part way on..."
I found out later they had been Niffy´s and Niffy had been shorter and considerably thinner than me.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216   21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

21st Anniversary Meeting - BRC 216
Page 1 of 1