BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's it like to race a Bantam ?

Go down 
+8
Nick B
Mick Jones
ptibbitt125
mjpowell
john bass
Ned
alan
mm_tribsa
12 posters
AuthorMessage
mm_tribsa

mm_tribsa

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-03-12

What's it like to race a Bantam ? Empty
PostSubject: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/user/StampT110#p/a/u/2/pY9fGcF1I0s

https://www.youtube.com/user/StampT110#p/a/u/1/nH3Wz033HFQ

https://www.youtube.com/user/StampT110#p/a/u/0/UZSYXehZNbk

Hope the links work if not cut and paste to your browser, helmet camera was from this weekend at Lydden. Not my fastest laps of the weekend but just getting used to the 3 speed box !!

Mike

Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Great Video Mike!
Lets have a lot more!! and well done you for getting round Lydden safely and actually enjoying it!
See you at Mallory.
Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Great stuff. Loved it! But I should have turned the volume down, the wife woke up and came into the spare room saying I wondered what the hell it was. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Awful!   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Like a lot of angry bees -- but I loved it -- thanks mm-tribsa -- and Ned! don´t forget what Shakespeare said of nostalgia...
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Excellent!! really lets everyone know what its like... Great work Mike..
Have you any Devils elbow heading for the kitty litter footage?

Hope you enjoyed your outing on the 'Roger Louis Bantam'
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 2:19 am

Thanks Mike,

Brilliant, really useful as well - i could see the extent of the oil patches which I hadnt fully appreciated.

Was good to chat with you, your brother and your Dad (Colin) at the BBQ. Brought back the very early days when he and I first met (slipstreaming each other down the Norwich Straight).

All the best, Pete
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 2:47 am

Great stuff, I really enjoyed it. Lydden was a favourite playground of mine, winning there in four differant classes, including my first 250 proddy and open 250 wins, great to see it still looking pretty original, flash paddock, that's changed, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:05 am

Excellent top marks Mike, its really good seeing footage been put on the site from a riders point. Michael brown tried last year but never got anything past the paddock. lol. It was also really good to see my ex Roger bike back out there, I look forward to seeing you out again on it at Mallory.

Good luck at Darley and if there is anything you need for the bantam just let me know and Rob will bring it to the Classic Club for you.

Ian
Back to top Go down
Nick B

Nick B

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:58 am

Hi Mike,
Sorry we didnt meet over the weekend, hope to get an introduction at Mallory.
Just to add to the comments, what a great job, hope you get loads of hits on your clips.
all the best
Nick
Back to top Go down
mm_tribsa

mm_tribsa

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:34 am

Hi Mike, yes I do have a bit of footage from Devil’s Elbow where you buzzed passed me on the inside of me.

Would have made for a bit more exciting footage had you collected me so well done for avoiding me !!

My late decision to head for the gravel was due to the motor feeling as it tightened up, we pulled the head after the race and there was no sign of a seizure so may have just been fuel starvation.

I experienced the same feeling on another couple of occasions subsequently so the tank has been drained and checked for debris although Tom assures me the Lectron carb hasn’t the possibility to block jets as a more conventional carb.

I’ll try and upload something to show the incident when I get a few minutes.

cheers
Mike
Back to top Go down
Mick Potter

Mick Potter

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:44 am

Well done Mike, absotlutly fantastic footage from Lydden.
Hopefuly your filming will insire future Bantam racers to come and play.
I know you enjoyed your weekend of reliving your past Bantam fun , I hope you enjoy many more.

remember to allways keep it rubber side down.
Back to top Go down
michaelbrown

michaelbrown

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-06-05

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Great footage mike great to see a on board footage at last and btw everyone my old mans DVD come through had a watch last night some great racing footage on the especially nick's little miss hap coming out of paddock bend nice recovery btw see you all at mallory
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi Mike,

Great footage, out of interest what type of helmet cam is it?

Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
mm_tribsa

mm_tribsa

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:15 am

Ed, camera is muvi veho, less than 40 quid !! Mounted inside my helmet
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:22 am

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info, gonna try and get my boss to buy one.

Eddie
Back to top Go down
tonydavis

tonydavis

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Great footage puts you right in the seat Smile

Tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's it like to race a Bantam ?   What's it like to race a Bantam ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's it like to race a Bantam ?
Page 1 of 1