BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Second Gear?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Colin Oldham

Colin Oldham

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-09-01

Second Gear? Empty
PostSubject: Second Gear?   Second Gear? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Hi Guys.
Looking through the postings on the forum it appears I have to show that my intentions are honorable. With a bit of luck I will be at the first meeting of next year with a race prepared 175 built by me (where’s the fun if someone else does it for you) But with help and advise from others.
I have 2 X 125 engines and a frame but they will take me longer.
I have my own workshop so generally self-sufficient; I have built the expansion chamber that James Cook posted in March, but I will make a custom exhaust when my engine is finished and I have all the relevant details to design it.
I need to buy a new second gear (old style 25T) if any one has one or knows where I can get one? I met some of the guys at Mallory and hope to meet more at Cadwell.
I tend not to go on the general forums as I am Dyslexic so what makes sense to me is usual rubbish to you.
All advice will be gratefully received.
Back to top Go down

Second Gear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Gear?   Second Gear? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 8:58 pm

It's Newark auto jumble on Sunday normally good source.
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Second Gear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Gear?   Second Gear? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi Colin,
I sent those files out to you, but got the email returned to me yesterday! I will split up the files to make it them smaller and send them again, but I have not ignored you! I will mail when they have been sent, but in the mean time you can contact via the forum (don't worry about Dyslexia, not one on here bothers!
Plus I will pm my person contact as you will not have received that either!
At worst I will put everything on disk for Cadwell.

Cheers,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
Colin Oldham

Colin Oldham

Second Gear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Gear?   Second Gear? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks both.
My Email address is colin.john.oldham@gmail.com.
My web pages may not have directed you correctly.
Not sure about auto jumble, it’s Maureen’s day off, I was pushing it a bit at Mallory, I think Newark would be a step too far, but thank you anyway.
Back to top Go down
tonydavis

tonydavis

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Second Gear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Gear?   Second Gear? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 3:25 am

Colin Oldham (coneman) wrote:
Hi Guys.
Looking through the postings on the forum it appears I have to show that my intentions are honorable. With a bit of luck I will be at the first meeting of next year with a race prepared 175 built by me (where’s the fun if someone else does it for you) But with help and advise from others.
I have 2 X 125 engines and a frame but they will take me longer.
I have my own workshop so generally self-sufficient; I have built the expansion chamber that James Cook posted in March, but I will make a custom exhaust when my engine is finished and I have all the relevant details to design it.
I need to buy a new second gear (old style 25T) if any one has one or knows where I can get one? I met some of the guys at Mallory and hope to meet more at Cadwell.
I tend not to go on the general forums as I am Dyslexic so what makes sense to me is usual rubbish to you.
All advice will be gratefully received.

Join the club, statemented and proud Very Happy

Tony
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

Second Gear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Gear?   Second Gear? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:09 am

I have been just too busy of late for anything never mind this but I should have some time in the comming weeks to make a few comments, ruffle a few feathers, while avoiding controversey, my middle name.

Hi colin

I have sent you a mail on gears, and I agree Alan,

but what ever you do do not try and understand what Tony writes about, I can never understand a word he says, even when he's standing next to me, never mind making sence of what he is writting, - LOL. (Hi Tony @x-koff)

GOOD LUCK AT NEWARK- im going too - "as I need some more junk", well thats what Diane refers it to.

i I'm dyslexic too - it has its disadvantages but also advantages, do you know a very cleaver proffessor from Harvard says dyslexia is a evolution process of the brain. (our short term memories are very bad but long term incredible, the ceribal cortex is left handed and the memory slots handed backwards, but it gives us incredible insite and other attributes-

especially if you borrow something like money its great but in about four weeks you will remeber you borrowed it so give it back, the same as buying somthing it gives you an excuse to try it out first, - those that can"do" - those that carnt "moan about it".!

"now did we ever finish off that topic on rider weight" and the advantages lightweight riders have over "us heavey weights", well if we did'nt, its about time we did.

if It were me i would need to be seen as being fair, with fair rules, an 8.5 stone rider, against a 15 stone middle weight, like me is'nt fair in my books, - comments on posts cards to - PO BOX 32, dyslexia NO BE.

regards

Derek
Back to top Go down
Colin Oldham

Colin Oldham

Second Gear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Gear?   Second Gear? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi Tony & Derek.
Thank you for your replies. I have only recently started to tell people I am Dyslexic, it’s easier than getting the arse when someone talks down to me or treats me like I am stupid.
You are right about + & -. I am terrible at exams (I once spent ½ an hour of an exam trying to remember my name). Communication with others can be a pain, trying to explain what is in my head to somebody who doesn’t know me, can end up with the other person wondering what the hell I am rambling on about.
Not the best team player, being a service Engineer means I have to be self reliant and a bit of a loner.
Plus side. I build things I my head (insight?) and once it’s in my head I can do it for real.
Fault finding and problem solving are what I do best, and I make things that are usually quite good. I make Resonators for guitars, mandolins and Ukuleles and they are up there with the best.
I am very excited about building an engine that I have to make reliable and competitive, plus I get to learn new skills and meet like minded people.
Regards
Colin.
PS I haven’t received any Emails
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Second Gear? Empty
PostSubject: Smiffys dogge   Second Gear? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:38 am

Did you hear about the dyslexic hells angel? He sold his soul to Santa. Why not type your post in word then copy & paste it. Dyslexia lures KO.
Back to top Go down
Colin Oldham

Colin Oldham

Second Gear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Gear?   Second Gear? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:20 am

Hi Ted
If it wasn’t for Word I would never post or send emails,
For a year I was convinced that we had a witches coven near my unit, then Maureen read the sign and it appears we have covert cameras in operation!!
I have also gone to the wrong town because I read the paperwork wrong (not good with a 40ft artic).
Colin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Second Gear? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Gear?   Second Gear? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second Gear?
Page 1 of 1