BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rule Changes for 2012

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Rule Changes for 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Rule Changes for 2012   Rule Changes for 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:51 pm

Just a thought.......

With the introduction of the Bears class to BHR, If I have read the description correctly I think non wire spoke wheels will be introduced to BHR, as this is a significant cost area when building a Bantam is there an opportunity here to review our rules for one or both classes?

From a personal perspective I would stay with wire spoked wheels and the Launchbury fairing, its what I like, but I would have no objection to this or any other reasnoble change if it put another couple of bums on seats.

In the interest of free speech comments welcome from all Very Happy

James
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2012   Rule Changes for 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:18 am

hi james

sorry for sounding stupid but I'm not sure i under stand you, "Bears class" please explain. !

regards Derek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2012   Rule Changes for 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:29 am

Derek,

Its a new pre 1983 class details on the BHR forum

James
Back to top Go down
johnSbantam

johnSbantam

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: BEARS   Rule Changes for 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:20 pm

New Zealand was probably the first place to run BEARS racing , hence the Britten bikes that ruled Daytona and the World Champs. Essentially it means NO Japanese components. So if you can find european cast wheels, it should fit the formula . There were many RC30 looking seats and GSXR looking forks here amongst the anti Jap brigade !
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Bears -- Rule Brittainia...   Rule Changes for 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Yippee!
Rule Britannia!
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2012   Rule Changes for 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:54 pm

BHR running a Bears class has no effect on us...

Should we want to change to allowing cast wheels - we can, if thats what we all want?

I would like to build a 17" Dymag (3spoke) wheeled triple disc braked Bantam with a
carbon fibre sub frame/seat unit(but retaining twin shocks/std swing arm) and alloy fuel tank.

But experience has told me - keep it simple. And I think the rules as they are are just fine.

(for Trevor - I don't know what the 'Prince of Denmark' would think of all this)
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Bare as in Naked...   Rule Changes for 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:33 am

Derek will go POP! at this:-

Bare -- as in naked -- no fairing, new 2012 rule???

Flit yer eyes leftwards a few degrees -- There! see the Real, "Racing On The Cheap" as depicted by Roy Bacon:- them front forks, a Wow! -- Bantam D? -- engine longstroke (as told before was found in a field!!), almost none-existent brakes -- only really expensive bits in those GOD (Good Old Days) times were Close Ratio gears collected from BSA dealers only too glad to get rid of them for a song.

Why invoke Shakespeare -- poor old poet couldn´t even afford a horse!
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2012   Rule Changes for 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:00 am

"go pop" JOHN ??? -

actually an alloy spoked bantam is nothing new!, infact its been done before, in the 80's, but it never looked like a bantam.

I too would love a twin disc set up, but would have to insist only on D1 upside down forks to make it effective /authentic.

and John I have never suggested to ban fairings!!! but i know it was suggested in the past - but I don't now what iddiot suggested this !!!!
tha same as rules like - steel wheels ?, no firbre glass ?.

I can actually remember some rules being debated, but I can never remeber the short stroke V long stroke debate.!!! I see I got no answers to my suggestions on the lack of a democratic process.

Good to see the bantams at brands, did people know they were Formula Bantams. ! banner, handouts,! were you allowed to run them!,
anyway well done a good stunt opportunity.

Derek
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2012   Rule Changes for 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:43 am

Hi Derek
we did our best but was only let know on the wedensday before the saturday.
I did not get back from scotland before on saturday morning at 1am and was out at brands before 8am
we did some signs on the bikes so people new they were bantams if we go next year we will be better prepared and more bikes
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2012   Rule Changes for 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:18 am

Hi rob

loged back on to respond to you
"my sincere respects" to you

and all those who took the time and invested in the pocket to attend and for such a good cause, well done Rob

I see Mike never bothered,

anyway- I'm "Just playing with you, my friend we need the good the bad and the ugly, we know who the bad and who the ugle is I will leave it to you to make your mind up who Iconsider the good is

Rob "I can see a lot of effort was put in", did you see the race of the century ?, matched for me the kenny and Sheen race in 78 season, what a race, I was glad that "Tommy won" and not that john did not deserve it, as he did, he is a great guy!, but my god if you look back at Tommys career, if ever a man had faith?.

"having faith is so important" Tommy always maintained a positive outlook, is just reward, to win a race like that and the championship - what a story,

Things are never as they appear, You never know what is around the next corner " so slow down" and remember to enjoy it.

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

PostSubject: Whoops! I answered Derek on the other topic...    Rule Changes for 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:10 pm

It is I -- the IDIOT!
The IDIOT who suggested fairings should be banned in BRC´s Formula
Bantam racing.
THAT WAS 40 to 42 YEARS AGO.

Desperate to keep the Bantam Racing at as low a cost as possible I
shouted, screamed, kicked the wife´s cat, tripped up the postman and
banged my head against a wall but it was too late because many of the
Bantam racers had already been using fairings, several seasons already,
before this raving, and they took them off to come to our meetings. It
was as if the race machines were protesting as well as their riders. With
their front number plates sticking out 6" to a foot in front of their steering
heads when they rode naked at our meetings.

Quite often being an idiot helps ... people offer money and step out of the way!! .
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2012   Rule Changes for 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 7:04 am

blimy John "respect" where respect is due. it takes an man to admit he is wrong but only an iddiot admits he is an iddiot nut dont worry I will not tell the others,

"things are not always as they appear !!! "

Best regards Derek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rule Changes for 2012   Rule Changes for 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule Changes for 2012
Page 1 of 1