BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Food for thought !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Food for thought ! Empty
PostSubject: Food for thought !   Food for thought ! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 3:21 am

To any or all.
If ignition spark duration was in the order of 1milli second, then, at 12,500 rpm on a 54 bore the
whole combustion process would have been completed in less than that time frame !
This assumes a good quality fuel and a favourable, stoichiometric air/fuel ratio . I worked this out
for the RS Honda , so a lower reving Bantam , and particularly a 175 with it`s bigger bore , would
have a different time frame . Makes you think though , and does illustrate the critical necessity for purity of
trapped charge , high turbulence and spark intensity within a compact combustion chamber .

Hope this one runs a bit, we might have another "Heavy Crankshaft" if we are lucky! It could raise a
lot of peripheral, but related , issues as well !

Regards Trevor

Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Food for thought ! Empty
PostSubject: Good Quality fuel....???   Food for thought ! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 5:19 am

Comes back to that -- I think, Trevor -- every time: a fuel that has the properties of high anti-knock, low peak combustion pressure and long heat-release-rate period AFTER TDC***....

And 175 -- bigger bore with longer flame path? --- uh oh! I think I am out of my depth...?

Hum hum hum...

***{[(tetraethyl lead -- illegal...)]}

Whoops! afterburn -- once the fire starts is the spark duration important...?
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

Food for thought ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought !   Food for thought ! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:19 am

another crankshaft subject, all theory" what about we did, this, that, and found this worked as a result by ging x more TORQUE/ POWER / RPM,S. !

"its almost like you guys a trying to dangle a carrot, what about some information we can use.!

Derek

Last edited by bettsd on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Food for thought ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought !   Food for thought ! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:44 am

Now i for one dont anything about this subject,

Is it possible to explain it a bit better in laymans terms, we are 175 newcomer's/builders. John/Trevor are you able to expand on this?

Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Food for thought ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought !   Food for thought ! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:05 am

"Here we go !

your going to start John (JB) off again.

i can just see this is going to be a 5000 "lookin" and 300 post responce topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

What about some substance.

Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Food for thought ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought !   Food for thought ! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:22 pm

ref my last Post comments what Im talking about is please refer to MSCUTT post, This is set out full of information in language i can understand and with direction on how to follow this up.

clearly its not full of WOW na shakespear quotes, or riddles and guess work on what the hell is beiong spoken about.

Thanks Mick Scutt what a great post" - I remeber as kid of 12/14 ready micks helpful and informative comments on tuning and racing a Bantam in the club mag.

Regards Derek
Back to top Go down

Food for thought ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought !   Food for thought ! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:02 pm

Derek

You are not obliged to read any of these posts if they are not "your cup of tea", could I ask if you are not interested you ignore them so those of us who wish to take part can do so without having to navigate past your inane ramblings.

Many Thanks

James
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Food for thought ! Empty
PostSubject: I agree James...   Food for thought ! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 5:52 am

deleted....!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Sponsored content

Food for thought ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought !   Food for thought ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food for thought !
Page 1 of 1