BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trophy races

Go down 
+2
Ned
mjpowell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: Trophy races   Trophy races Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 7:06 am

As the race programme between classes is now 'fixed'(old event 10 & 15) for the season plus
the 'Lansdown Series' attending Cadwell and Snetterton and Race Parades (PR6) being
programmed track time may be very tight to fit in extra races (trophy races).

So where would racers like to race for which trophies??

The British Formula Trophy however will be contested at Snetterton.

Trophies are Fred Lauchbury(air-cooled), Shuttleworth, Richard Powell and Tom Miller.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophy races   Trophy races Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:04 pm

I know I'm not entitled to a vote because I'm no longer active but food for thought for guys that are. The first Fred Launchbury trophy race was held at Lyden and the first Richard Powell trophy race was held at Cadwell so I think thats the most fitting place for them.
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: Trophy races   Trophy races Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Well Oulton Park for all of them if I could choose! On the serious side I will agree with Ned (there I did it again) on Lydden Hill for the Fred trophy, Snetterton is the right thing for the Formula Trophy. I would be happy for your parents & yourself to decide on the Rick memorial trophy location & the same for Tom with his (Tom will now have a go at me for trying to get him to make a decision on things other than engines). As I am sure most of us are aware that we have had far more Trophy races in past years than other classes. As time to fit the additional races into the schedule will be tight in future, as well as not wishing to cause resentment from other classes, would we be better to just elect programmed races to award the said trophy for. This would not be too difficult, First air cooled for the Fred Launchbury, winner of designated race wins the Shutleworth and the same for Rick & formula if there is not enough time in the program. The only one I personally see a hurdle with is the Tom handicap race. I am aware that this may not go down well with most riders as it means losing races, But in light of the AGM changes to the program we will be under pressure to lose some or the club will have to find solutions on to the lack of time. So this is my list.
Formula Snetterton
Richard Powell Powell family to decide
Tom Miller Tom to decide
Launchbury Lydden
Shuttleworth Cadwell
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophy races   Trophy races Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 5:50 am

Trophy races should ? be :-

Cadwell (May or Sept) - Richard Powell Memorial Race

Snetterton - British Formula Trophy Race

Lydden Hill - Fred Lauchbury Race and Tom Miller Race( This is a Handicap race)

Darley Moor - Shuttleworth Challenge Trophy

and also if we have a enought newcomers/returnees " Rookie of the Year"
Back to top Go down

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophy races   Trophy races Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:20 am

I'm returning next year will I count?
Back to top Go down
Nick B

Nick B

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophy races   Trophy races Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 9:56 pm

Ian Laughing

As i am on the ex Pete bike next season that must let me in as a rookie to .

Cheers Nick
Back to top Go down
ted

ted

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: New trophy   Trophy races Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:47 pm

This term rookie is one of my pet hates!!!! We do not race in the Useless States of America we are British (I am actually English) so please use the correct term DEBUTANT. Will this proposed award be for debutants that have not raced a Bantam but have raced in another class? Or someone that is new to road racing. I support this idea and any move to get more Bantams on the track.
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: You tell `em Ted!   Trophy races Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:58 pm

You tell `em Ted!

Bloody Yanks stole our wimmen during the war...

Note that all my boring calcs are in English Imperial units -- good old English pounds, feet, ftlbs and even stones when I can.

I remember the time the highly eductated bloody idiots wanted to positively identify pound-force and pound-weight by having Poundals & Slugs -- then came up with Nerwtons , Kilopascals and Kilowatts... enough to make one spit bloody balls of fire ...!!

So I think it has to be `Debutante´ -- although that sounds a bit sexist. Like a Newcomer wearing
a skirt -- uh oh! I´m back to Naked bantams....

Consider yourself reprimanded Young Mike by two Essex Centre veterans.

Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Colin Oldham

Colin Oldham

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-09-01

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophy races   Trophy races Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:23 pm

I don’t mind being a “Debutante”, but I’m not wearing a bloody skirt!!
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophy races   Trophy races Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:51 am

Excellent - Rookie of the year it is then!!

Trophy? Is anyone in contact with Micky Nash and could ask if he would like the novice
trophy to be points related (ie Top scoring Novice?)

Who shouldn't be allowed to compete?
Anyone who raced last year? Any former Bantam Champion? Any bantam race past winner?
Anyone who raced a bike in the last 10 years?

Your thoughts....
Back to top Go down
Nick B

Nick B

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-02-14

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophy races   Trophy races Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:48 am

Good evening gents,
Great idea the rookie of the year pot. My opinion is that it should be for the new to the class riders. Those chaps who are returning have already gained extra experience and so would have an advantage.
Rider with the most points at the end of the season wins.
What do others think.
Nick
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: I´m gonna get blasted...   Trophy races Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:19 pm

I´m gonna get blasted for saying this --
--- "Naked debuntante..." -- No Fairing, Low-Cost Newcomer Class!

Sorry!

Joking aside I suppose I have to give in and say, OK So you are NOT going to have a "BEC":- Beginners Economy Class which would have this Newcomers Trophy for those who´ve never
raced before and would have won enough points from 4 meetings out of six (taking into account
and again looking at the financial side, many cannot afford -- or be able -- to do all six meetings,
plus the inexperience of a newcomer´s preparation etc... etc... ).

Forgive me! I suppose I am too attached to the past where the BRC started off as "Racing on the Cheap" and I should get with it, modernwise... -- I mean it is now over 3 Euros fora cup of coffee here in the sort of place where no one spits on the floor***.

***exceptfor a few of the unmentionables....!!
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
mjpowell

mjpowell

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophy races   Trophy races Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:13 am

How about :-

MAN Flying Systems Novice - most points scored by an orange jacketed rider.

Rookie Trophy - most points scored by a returnee or a new to bantam class rider.
(dis-allowed former - bantam champions - easy to police)
Back to top Go down

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophy races   Trophy races Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:08 am

Hi mike

Sounds good to me but we could end up with the same person winning both depending on how long it's been since they renewed there licence.

So poss say no returnee no matter the time away or in the eyes of acu is a novice again (orange jacket) can't win the novice?. And should there be a time period of how long a returne is classed as a returne say 5 years?

Just to let all know what little I do, Ray Gray has been aranging and making a trophy in memory of Roger Louis and is talking to Jenny about what it should be for maybe if somebody like ted/nee that's in contact with ray will get him to post something on the site about there thoughts and the progress from what I hear it's going to be fitting and special.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trophy races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trophy races   Trophy races Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trophy races
Page 1 of 1