BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One for John Bass....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

One for John Bass.... Empty
PostSubject: One for John Bass....   One for John Bass.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:27 am

John do you get MCN in Germany? Very interested bit on the new Ducati GP12
They(journo's and those in the know) that due to its rev's 19'000 its not a 1000cc
but a 925cc? Remember MotoGP are limited to 81mm bore size.

Reasons for doing this - higher rpm, same power as a 1000 but giving slightly less torque
which they can use without the traction control and anti-wheelie cutting in (Much)
Also lighter engine, greater agility and wait for it :- A lighter crankshaft!!!

John any reply to be 2 paragraphs maximum - if you want me to read it! Laughing

Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: No!   One for John Bass.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:43 am

No! I don´t get MCN here -- I did try to get the local newsagent to order it and he bluntly refused, seems he´d lose money....

I have argued all along that it is the amount of instantaneous torque which is the critical factor -- not the lightness of the flywheel*** whoops ! -- gone into 3 lines...

***Sorry about this postscript -- I have also argued that the heavier flywheel aids acceleration in its storing of more energy (than a lighter flywheel) which is used as torque-converted energy during clutch-slipping ....

Yaaaawwwnnn!

All the best!

Last edited by john bass on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: One for Mike Powell...   One for John Bass.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:11 am

Mike, you said about handling that it depended on rider preference whether he sat in-line with the bike´s centre-line or hung-out -- seems just what was suitable or -- comfortable ...??

Same with having rider-preference for a low-revving-HIGH-Torque drive out of the corner or having a screamer with the rear wheel spinning. Slick has dealt with them both: one rider wanting high torque and not so bothered about the HP at top-end-- and another who could only ride a screamer. Remember the days of 4 cylinder WSBs being less CCs than the Twins.I was at Hockenheim WSB with Slick and after the last practice he reported loudly to all and sundry that the Ducati was 2 seconds off the pace of the Castrol Honda. In the race the two Ducatis streamlined themselves behind the two Hondas and were 1-2 at the finish by the way they both powered out of the 3 curves of the Autodrome just before the finish.

The speed approaching the Autodrome at the start of the 21st Century was over 200mph -- 206mph by a Japanese rider -- I forget his name -- so the idea of tucking in behind a faster (revving) bike until the finishing 4 corners was truly good tactics.

Humble apologies -- fot this being too long....

CheerS!
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One for John Bass....   One for John Bass.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One for John Bass....
Page 1 of 1