BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scitsu question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
undredseesee

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-05-14

Scitsu question Empty
PostSubject: Scitsu question   Scitsu question Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:32 am

I've had two Scitsu revcounters on two different machines and have found them both to be between 400 and 700 rpm fast. I'm wondering if this is the norm.

Do any of you guys use them and if so have you found them to be similarly ambitious?

Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

Scitsu question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scitsu question   Scitsu question Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:28 am

hi there
this is a good question, as im currently playing with some units, (trying to get them working again after 30 years in the shed unused ? )

But I can tell you most bantam racers on here, have unberleaverbly fast reving Bantams, to cope with the astronomical revs and the speed at which they reach them, they need counters ahead of themslevs as they are no getting on an you now things tend to slow doewn as you get older, !! anyway the type your talking of is in my opinion useless, but an ideal unit as it gives the old un's time/chance to change gear before the motor distroys inself beteen gear changes,

but seriously, some say its to do with the age of the average Bantam racer, slower reactions so a unit infront of itself sounds ideal ??

I dont have one, as I prefer the much more accurate Kart type units, and this is absolutly nothing to do with the fact they cost less than a £5.0er from ebay.!!!

seriously I prefer analoge type as they look more period than the digital type. hope that helps ? lol

regards Derek
Back to top Go down

Scitsu question
Page 1 of 1