BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OLD PICS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

OLD PICS Empty
PostSubject: OLD PICS   OLD PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 3:13 am

Admin Alan
I have just noticed that there are new photos in the old fogies section.
It's a shame there isn't an update banner on the main page to highlight updates. The new photos don't enlarge when you click on them like the earlier ones do. Is there a reason for that ?
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

OLD PICS Empty
PostSubject: Lovely! No b.... Fairings!   OLD PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 6:57 am

Hi Ned!
So you are still pottering about -- are you? Down to the pub with the dog like?
Lovely pics of Mole, Roy and Fred -- and the absence of fairings. Hated the bloody things! Come to think of it -- they really did have blood on them -- didn´t they. Must affect the eyesight -- or something...? My first time out at Snetters wearing a fairing I hit the bank just after the bridge... Split knee and eyebrow before going into dream land. Woke up at 14.oo hours on Monday, still grinding dirt behind my teeth... Hospital staff not at all friendly and wife not at all sympathetic when I complained of my broken collar-bone hurting... Funny old world ennitt!?
I don´t think I ought to mention the next time of breaking a fairing -- dare I?
Take care,
Aye! JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

OLD PICS Empty
PostSubject: Messrs Hunter and Newport send their regards   OLD PICS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:10 am

Bumped into Chris Newport and Dick Hunter (AKA four-eyes) at the recent TT Rider's Luncheon. Dick is still racing cars, some Formula series, but the costs are eye watering in comparison to Bantam racing. I think he siad his son, who also races in the same series, and beats his dad!, had a test drive with some team or other and it cost £2000! Dick still has his garage operation going.
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

OLD PICS Empty
PostSubject: Re: OLD PICS   OLD PICS Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 1:02 am

Hi Ned,
Some of the pictures that I have are much too small a file to expand, and to cap it all there is a time element in all this!
I can only do so much work on the site when I want to get the bantam ready for next season, work for a living and keep the wife sweet! so time is limited and I take the easy route!
I try to mention website updates (front page lefthand corner) when I can.
If anyone feels like providing a batch of pictures or articles email them on and I will get to them in due course. Important racing info such as race dates always will get priority.
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
john bass

john bass

OLD PICS Empty
PostSubject: `Unter Bruvvers -- get them to the 1/2 century reunion...   OLD PICS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:30 am

What about it then?
Met up with Mary and Peter Styles, Ned, Chris Newport, Colin Neil, Keith Webb, Mick Scutt and loads more `Oldies´ (sorry can´t remember you all ...) at the Lydden `05 meeting. Weren´t no Hunters there... We´ve got to get both of them ... Why don´t we start talking now about the `50th Remembrance Get Together´ -- even if it is not at a race circuit we could have a `DO´ somewhere convenient to the majority.
We could start a whip-round going and by 2010-2011 have enough to hire a hall somewhere... or we go Go-Kart racing, Gliding or Slope Soaring!!

PERHAPS MARY HAS PLANNED SOMETHING ALREADY -- if so many humble apologies...

I expect some of the originals of the species have gone to the better place ( a dirt-track in the sky...?) but by this IT (Information Technology -- PeeTea, not what you are thinking!) medium we ought to be able to find a lot of them.
Times rushing by -- so what about it?
If the `Unters happen to read this then its best regards from JayBee ---
and Dick! -- it was your fault I fell on my head at Snetters in `81 and broke Ned´s lovely Bantam.
Cheers Oldies!
Aye! JayBee (for John-Boy -- not yet ex...).
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2006-12-05

OLD PICS Empty
PostSubject: Re: OLD PICS   OLD PICS Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:07 am

Alan mate, I thought I was helping you on this, I can make the site all singing all dancing, plus the forum but I need ftp access and a little direction. Get in touch mate.
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

OLD PICS Empty
PostSubject: all singing, all dancing   OLD PICS Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 1:40 am

Girls? Well, i'm sure Ned , Bassy and me will enjoy that. Thanks Jonesy.

You might find Alan is a tad busy right now, but I'm sure he will take you up on your offer.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

OLD PICS Empty
PostSubject: Re: OLD PICS   OLD PICS Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 11:45 pm

Sorry to bore you Pete, just trying to help out.
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

OLD PICS Empty
PostSubject: Hey Mick -- PeeTea´s got it werong -- again!   OLD PICS Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 2:28 am

Mick!
You didn´t mention girls -- did you? (If you did I'm off to see a Quack).
PeeTea`s got a one-track mind --- brrrrrrmmm... ding -- ding!!
No matter -- maybe you could teach me a thing or two about setting up a website -- always wanted one of my own.
Where are you in South Wales? I was in Chepstow in Sept... at my old army school reunion.
Take care! JayBee.
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

OLD PICS Empty
PostSubject: Re: OLD PICS   OLD PICS Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 6:09 am

Hey John, nope, never mentioned girls, old Pete is having a crisis methinks. Any help I can offer is available mate. First trick is to get yourself web space with ftp access. Then get a program like dreamweaver, unless your an HTML god of course. You can then create as much as you need, a good art program like photoshop or Paint shop pro comes in handy for those really nice touches. I got the lot and can help you with em if neccessary. The most enjoyment i've had since racing and hitting a good birdy of course, that's golf mate. I can recomend a good webspace/domain name company, been using em for years so I know they are ok. Oops, nearly forgot, i'm in Treorchy in the Rhondda valley.....innit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

OLD PICS Empty
PostSubject: Re: OLD PICS   OLD PICS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 1:01 am

Not so much of the old thanks Mick! (I'm sleepy, not bored!)

I guess you are somewhere up the A470? Know Treforest Gyratory? Had something to do with that in my first job, then when in the Spk Plg job , had to visit Treforest quite frequently....happy days Smile
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

OLD PICS Empty
PostSubject: Re: OLD PICS   OLD PICS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 1:10 am

Yeah Pete, not far from Treforest, just a few miles west of Pontypridd, straight up the valley, 2 miles from the end. Pretty close to Aberdare too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OLD PICS Empty
PostSubject: Re: OLD PICS   OLD PICS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OLD PICS
Page 1 of 1