BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Championship Points - FAO Mike Powell

Go down 
+13
tonydavis
bennion
SteveF
Ned
Sport-Pics
ROBBIE
ray davis
alan
mikisprosen
Mick Jones
john bass
mjpowell
ptibbitt125
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mick Potter

Mick Potter

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-06-09

Championship Points  - FAO Mike Powell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Championship Points - FAO Mike Powell   Championship Points  - FAO Mike Powell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:08 am

Hi all, me again.

First some things I meant to mention in my last reply. We are a club within a club, therfore it is very important that we do not tread on anybody's toes. BUT. It is vitally important that we police ourselves, because if we don't we risk having outsiders dictating to us. I am fully supportive of the idea of a get together of all riders to have an, AGM, chin wag, discussion, or what ever you want to call it. I don't think we should restrict voting on the subjects discussed to only the riders racing this season, but open voting to all riders in the last 2 or maybe 3 seasons. This will enable lapsed riders who still would like to race to have their say, give us the benefit of their experience and not alienate them so much that they don't return. Whether we have a meeting during the racing season at a circuit or during the closed season at a venue to be agreed, all points discussed should be put to an E mail/postal vote.

Having opened another can of worms let me continue.

I have had a look at this years championship table, and then amended in accordance with the proposed two drops. There was no change to the results. I then amended it again in accordance with the proposed return to four drops. Only one change resulted,7th and 8th places swapped. Where is the neccessity to reinstate drops?

As I will be out of the country untill the New Year I Will take this opportunity to wish you all the joy and happiness that Christ brought into the world at Christmas (Yes I am a Christian).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: FOR EYE - DROPS OR POINTS   Championship Points  - FAO Mike Powell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 3:58 am

affraid WOW 4 pages of hot air, what a difficult one this is, I logged on just to say !!.

from an impartial perspective, "outside looking in". it appears "The old brigade" want drops the new blood does not, and all bar Mick Potter suggest more points to lower places are the way forwards. ( please correct me if this is wrong)

Peter Tobbetts suggests he may not turn up or even stop comming because of motivation - if there are no dropps because he is not able to compete for second or third place - "Peter is clearly a very important competitor with Bantam racing history all would be pleased to have, but should his motivation reasons be considered as a factor for or against drops. I think Not.

I feel its important you consider everyone whilst changing the system, but any system must be fair and not just for the few. The reasons for the change and decisions need to be clearly communicated /set out and not because you have greater numbers in a ballot box. (please no fair politics replies here)

Therefore is holding a ballot as Allan suggests fair " I'm not sure it is, ballots alinate the few and causes unhappy feelings and conflict. I would suggest you do it in a way to avoid conflict.

There are times for autocratic managment decisions, I feel this may be one of those times, you do not want seperate factions developing in the pits, You are a frendly lot as I experienced with my visits this year, ballots often encourage seperation.

Mike Powell make a management decision on this for the correct reasons and change it if it does not work. I wish you well with this very difficult issue. The rest of you I feel you should take note that Mike has got you thus far and from a point in time when there were less than two or three turning up, trust his judgement on this one for a year and change it "if" it does not work.

(besides you can then just blaim Mike for making the wrong choice if it does not work "sorry Mike" just joking - but seriously good luck with this one)

Kind regards Derek Betts
Back to top Go down
aidanbent

aidanbent

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-04-11

PostSubject: Championship points   Championship Points  - FAO Mike Powell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 5:42 am

Took me 6 attempts to log in!!! (yes not a regular user).

I have read all of the 'thread' with interest (felt it was a bit of a history lesson at the same time.....)

My view is that racers who turn up to every race should be rewarded....so I am not in favour of drops.

As most of you probably realise it makes little difference to me, either way as I do few races, but know many of you make huge sacrifices in terms of time and money, which should be recognised.

See you all next season. Smile
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Potteruing Points again...   Championship Points  - FAO Mike Powell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:06 pm

Hi Folks!
Hi Aiden!
Good to see you (as a highly educated, young-IT-blood) had trouble logging on when I could (with ease) and PeeTea reckoned Ned & I would have bother. (Note: IT = Information Technology!).
You should be rewarded for giving up your precious time to such an unrewarding activity as MC racing -- any of you should. And I´ll repeat what I said sometime back about Mick Potter´s notion of finishing-points. A trophy for most `Pottering Points´ -- although, perhaps, sounding more mirthful than worthy -- would be a booster for some of the poor-ones who try so hard with low performance equipment or don´t get things quite right (like me way back...) and try so hard they fall in the process.
So what about a trophy combining Band-Aid & Finishes...?
A fall should be worth more than a finish ...
Ok -- Ok! so I said it before and am using up valuable IT space.
Sorry I can´t make the VMCC din-din this year (Hurrah! shout some...)
Go well and keep well,
Aye.
Jaybee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: PS to Pottering Points...   Championship Points  - FAO Mike Powell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi Aidan!
Sorry I spelt your name wrong...
All the best, JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Pootering   Championship Points  - FAO Mike Powell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:32 am

Tis I,

Think its about time for Mike to make that Management Decision...... pale
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Championship Points - FAO Mike Powell   Championship Points  - FAO Mike Powell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:22 am

Hi all

I'm just the same as all of you, i've got no authority!!

I think this topic has run its course and every round counts...
I don't want to look back through but its something like 4 want drops and 7 don't and 6 have no opinion?

Right are there any other things that people want to look into and have that meet-up/Banty AGM? Lydden sunday morning or another time?

Mike
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Championship Points - FAO Mike Powell   Championship Points  - FAO Mike Powell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:21 am

peter did you find out did this actually happen ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Championship Points - FAO Mike Powell   Championship Points  - FAO Mike Powell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:27 am

think it best we leave the subject alone and stick to what we have.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Championship Points - FAO Mike Powell   Championship Points  - FAO Mike Powell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:39 am

"steady tiger"

what I think Im saying in a true nothern tone - is "are their any drops this year "? simple question really !

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
bennion

bennion

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2006-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Championship Points - FAO Mike Powell   Championship Points  - FAO Mike Powell - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:13 am

I agree with Ian. If it ain't broke - don't fix it !

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship Points - FAO Mike Powell   Championship Points  - FAO Mike Powell - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Championship Points - FAO Mike Powell
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3