BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fast or Reliable or both..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Fast or Reliable or both.. Empty
PostSubject: Fast or Reliable or both..   Fast or Reliable or both.. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:57 am

With view to last years championship and every round scoring points i left my motor untouched tunning wise for the sake of reliability. I understand that myself and Mick are the fastest and most reliable bants on the scene at the moment. So for next year do i increase my bikes performance but perhaps make it unreliable? Or leave it alone and hope Mick improves his bhp and suffers problems?

My bike on a rolling road produces 22.5 bhp (it did have 24.5 but kept siezing) and I tested Ian's bike before Anglesey weekend and thought it very similar, but harder to ride. Petes bike once had 25bhp(Correct me if i'm wrong pete? When I owned SMS-002 (Micks engine) it made 20.7bhp

However next season I think Ian will be the man to watch having developed some reliability and if a bit move power can be found too.
If Mick tweeks a bit more out of his it could all be very exciting??
I think i'll leave mine alone for the reliability and finishes.. or shall I ...
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Fast or Reliable or both.. Empty
PostSubject: Best bhp at rear wheel   Fast or Reliable or both.. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:01 am

Mike the best I ever got was 23.5 bhp. That was the last time I tested which would have been back in about 1999. I was running exactly the same set up as I do now, except for the ignition, which was my advance retard motoplat. I expect its the same peak power output with the rex caunt ignition, but with more torque between 8,000 and 9,000 rpm.

Your best bet is to leave everything alone

Cheers Pete
Back to top Go down

Fast or Reliable or both..
Page 1 of 1