BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joan Amos

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Joan Amos Empty
PostSubject: Joan Amos   Joan Amos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2022 4:13 am

This is an announcement I have great personal difficulty in making, it is with great sadness that in just the past few days, Joan, the wife of David Amos, has passed away after a long and courageous battle with the effects of cancer.
 Joan could be seen in the paddocks of the various circuits that Bantams raced at, supporting both David and myself, and always brought a hint of glamour to those somewhat dour settings and always had kind words of support for all other competitors.
 She later took up running and frequently competed in local and London marathons and raised large sums of money for her church and personally supported charities. During the period that she and David lived in Silverstone they could both be seen jogging around the circuit in company with other club runners.
 Her sporting influence was a major factor in her oldest grandson Alex Yee taking up athletics which he excelled at, and Joan was so happy and proud when Alex won gold and silver triathlon medals at the recent Olympics.
 I am sure all that knew Joan will want to offer their condolences to David and his family.    

Trevor
Back to top Go down

Joan Amos
Page 1 of 1