BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chris Newport

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ol' iron wheels

ol' iron wheels

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-12-30

Chris Newport Empty
PostSubject: Chris Newport   Chris Newport Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2023 3:58 am

Sorry to say that Chris Newport died just before Christmas.
Chris was one of the early members and was the newsletter scribe known as ( 'Piston Holer' ) for the SE Midland Centre.
I first met him in '66 at 'The Silver Cup' in Harpenden where we had the Centre meeting.
He was a lovely character, and will be greatly missed.
His funeral is on 26th January, 12.00 midday, at St Giles Church, Standlake ,Witney, Oxford, OX29 7SN.
Back to top Go down
Trevor Amos

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Chris Newport Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Newport   Chris Newport Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 5:13 am

Oh dear that is indeed sad news, Chris was one of the stalwarts of the original band of Bantam enthusiasts. Not content to just attend race meetings but to contribute to the club magazine under the pseudonym of `Piston holer`. Without individuals like Chris making their contribution what we enjoy today would not be possible.  I am sure that Bantam enthusiasts everywhere will share with me in offering their sincere condolences to family and friends.
RIP Chris.      Trevor Amos
Back to top Go down

Chris Newport
Page 1 of 1