BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More ignition questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PaulM

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-08-24

More ignition questions Empty
PostSubject: More ignition questions   More ignition questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Can someone possibly clarify for me which ignition kit is used on a 175 as Dartford Karting list two .

One listed as PVL

and one listed as a complete system

Out of idle curiousity, is there any reason I couldn't run a points system ?

Thanks in advance , Paul
Back to top Go down
tonydavis

tonydavis

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: More ignition questions   More ignition questions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:55 am

First one Paul

Bloody hell they've gone up a fair bit, used to be £95 not that long ago.

Tony

ps You could get pally with the Karting fraternity I've managed to get a Motoplat and a PVL off a couple of old kart engines for nowt Razz
Back to top Go down
PaulM

PostSubject: Re: More ignition questions   More ignition questions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:49 am

Nothings cheap these days unfortunately . Better start getting stuff slapped on Ebay to offset the build costs I think Laughing Then start lurking round the local kart track Suspect

Laughing Razz

Paul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More ignition questions   More ignition questions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:30 am

I think PVL are German so that will be the Euro effect and perhaps a little extra profit on top.

Have you decided 125 or 175 yet Paul ? Are you coming to Cadwell ? I might be able to help you out

James
Back to top Go down
PaulM

PostSubject: Re: More ignition questions   More ignition questions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:52 am

I'm still up in the air with regards formulas James but think it will probably be a 175 . I've managed to get a frame and a couple of pairs of crankcases and I seem to spend most evenings pouring over the bike prep and tuning articles on the main site study and whilst the 125,s appeal the 175 looks like it would be a better bet for learning some racecraft .

I will definitely be at Cadwell but family commitments mean I can only get there on the Sunday .

Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More ignition questions   More ignition questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More ignition questions
Page 1 of 1