BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bantam questions for oldies.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Bantam questions for oldies..... Empty
PostSubject: Bantam questions for oldies.....   Bantam questions for oldies..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:13 am

As mentioned earlier -

Mallory Park on the 4th September, my brothers mememorial race will be held for the 25th time. The Bantam Racing Club had a collection in July 86 and the money raised bought the trophy which was raced for in Oct 86 but who was the first winner??

There have been 7 different winners over the last 24 seasons... Can you name the 7 winners? (5 riders have only won it once)

At Cadwell in late September Joan Milligan is coming to watch/present The British Formula Racing Club Bantam Trophy, this trophy was the BFRC championship trophy. Who's is the first name on it in 1980? and the last 1985? And who was the only Bantam RC , BFRC and Newmarket Club Bantam Champion? and the year?

Have a guess first.... before you cheat .... in the results section... and post any guesses memories of the time..... Mike
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Bantam questions for oldies.....   Bantam questions for oldies..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:26 am

i will be guessing as requested.

q1) you were the first winner (a guess)
q2) you, peter, more than once and the rest - martin nash 'd' vilia, kieth woods, brian, alan brown, ! but really no idea without looking.
q3 micky scutt ians dad ?Roger lewis or possibly you or the other way round !.

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
Mick Jones

Mick Jones

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Bantam questions for oldies.....   Bantam questions for oldies..... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:44 am

The triple champion one is possibly Cashmore or Webster, 81/82?
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Bantam questions for oldies.....   Bantam questions for oldies..... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:46 am

Mick yes it was - Mick Cashmore 'Triple Bantam Champion'

Derek you would of looked by now - I hope

First winner Brian White,
Pete T lead it then pulled in? (think he was going to let me win it, because I was going to pack up at the end of the season) Then I lead it until my gear stick snapped on Ricks bike 002 due to damage caused by guest 125 rider Merv Noble crashing it in practice. 001 had a hole in the cases and no dogs on top gear at the time! - managed to repair hole with P38 plastic padding and beat Pete in champ race later that afternoon.

Actually there are only 6 winners Me, Pete, Brain, the late John Marks, Kieth Woods and Robin Brown.

The 7th? is Mark Carkeek - 1994 a mix up -

Mark won the Lauchbury I got the Trophy - I won Ricks race Mark got the Trophy !!

Whoops(hence edit) and.... BFRC 1980 Roger Louis 1985 Mike Powell

Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Questions for Oldies...????   Bantam questions for oldies..... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:57 pm

1980 and 1985 -- Oldies???

<--- See that picture there... <--- that was me dashing thro´Mansfield at Cadwell in 1968 -- [(winning the Novice Race)] --- talk about an uncomfortable riding position and narrow handlebars -- (uh oh! Clipons) ....
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bantam questions for oldies.....   Bantam questions for oldies..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bantam questions for oldies.....
Page 1 of 1