BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Questions and Answers....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Questions and Answers.... Empty
PostSubject: Questions and Answers....   Questions and Answers.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:51 am

Re-posting some questions that have remained un-answers , possibly because there is so much activity its hard to keep up!!!

Ian

Petrol/oil ratio 25 or 20:1

Battery? you use lead/acid?, ni/cad?, ni/mhd ? just voltage seems wrong for lead/acid I'm a time served Auto-electrician?

Robin did 010 use old 006 bits ? If not i want to make a hanging basket bracket out of them!

Nick did you sell the ex Ted bantam?

Any unanswered questions will mean - its a secret and you're not telling!! Sad

Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers....   Questions and Answers.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi Mike your quiet.

did you get answers to your questions or are people ignoring your "very" interesting requests for information.

michael Brons new frame looked very nice, Robby was looking very quick, I was riding so could not tell who was going the quickest, Tom seemed very happy with his stable. I was trying to convince Mike Mc donald, and Micky Nash, and Ray Moor that they should come back out on a Bantam, Mike Mc seemed unsure, I think if we could get him a bike, he' could be tempted, especially after he was telling me how reliable/ and he never had to touch his 4 stroke, over a pint at the end then saying it had dislodged a cover with "a some what" very expensive sounding noise, no doubt four stroke are cheaper less work to do, to run but when they go bang they cost a fortune to repair, and need serious engineering to repair them, unlike our little formula Bantam's that are simple as are most two strokes, can be repaired in our sheds and done relatively low cost in comparison.

had long discussions with Ray who is chopping at the bit to get back on a bantam, he just waiting for the right bike to come along. ????????????

There was a few flying at the practice day, today, in the paddock to ? hope your well- are you ready yet.

Tell us about your theory on your inlet length tuning start a new topic, on what you have been doing, recently.

PS. did you give my request some thought !

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers....   Questions and Answers.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Hi
Yes i've been away for a week with work in the peak district - hence no posts.... and don't like telling the world wide web that no ones at home!

We need to get these former bantam pilots out for an airing .... they have forgotten how brilliant a flight on a low power 3speed (lightweight) 2 stroke is... Perhaps we should have less championship races and more opens to allow people to loan their bikes out
or at least get people to develope their bike instead of not changing anything - leave it alone policy ??
i.e. 1 day meeting 2 championship races
2 day meetings 3 championship races and an open(non-championship)

Inlet tract topic too follow.... time permitting?

Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers....   Questions and Answers.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi Mike
no you can't have the subframe for a hanging basket bracket
as it has been recycled in the build of 010 but moded and straighten and re brazed the footrests and extra bracket for seat
so ok will put your name and pete's name to the build too so it should be brown brown miller styles and powell Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
mike redhead

mike redhead

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers....   Questions and Answers.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:58 am

Sounds like the name of a dodgy firm of solicitors to me that does!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers....   Questions and Answers.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers....
Page 1 of 1