BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mark taylor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-08-13

newbie Empty
PostSubject: newbie   newbie Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:37 am

Hi All,
just a short note introducing myself (Mark) as another newbie, i've been hovering around the forum for some time now gathering information to build my own racing bike (175), i also went to Anglesey and Cadwell just to get a feel for the Club,bikes and the people (sorry i didn't introduce myself) but the racing was fantastic shame about the weather at Anglesey but what a weekend at cadwell brilliant.
Anyway i live in Oxford and in my early forties and hopefully won't bore you too much with silly questions. Talking about questions i see that some of you guys are racing water cooled bantams but in the rules it's forbidden?

Regards Mark (mctay)
Back to top Go down
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie   newbie Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:46 am

Hi,
Read the rules carefully, to be water cooled then you must be 125 cc and also the barrel has to be built from an original cast IRON barrel, and must retain some of the original casting. To make a water cooled ALLOY barrel is against the rules as these can only be AIR cooled aluminium BTW barrels.
175 racers must have air cooled only regardless of casting type.
There is some speculation as to the value of water cooling as the races we do are not particularly long, but as always it is down to your decision and thinking as to the way to go.
You should have made yourself known at Anglesey and you can always get help if you ask in the right way! we need more on the grid!!
Smile
Good luck with your build,
Alan
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com

Page 1 of 1