BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New frame

Go down 
+3
mjpowell
alan
michaelbrown
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

New frame - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frame   New frame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi Mike-P this guy is going to be a politician, he's politically correct with every answer. deffinate MP material.
he even answer with questions

Hi Michael - sadly No "not going any quicker" - and def some form of debry or dust from you front wheel when flat out, it may not be the brakes something touching! perhaps?

on the new starter write up insite, just in your own words- Michael looking at your past posts I have great confidence what you will right will have an background start - objective aims - be technically interesting and helpful and not full of BS like some of James comments (sorry james could not help it") ignore this last comment it was just a flip of the tonge - honest no malice".

lol!

regards Derek

-
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

New frame - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frame   New frame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:03 am

mjpowell wrote:

003 was built to suit my reed motor and the frame top tube is higher as are the tank rails(versoin2). I feel version2 is better handling too,

I'm surprised to hear that because our original thinking was to design a frame and fuel tank that would get the weight as low as possible. Your mod will have raised the weight up from the center of gravity.
Is it possible that when you made the top tube higher you altered the geometry slightly ?
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

New frame - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frame   New frame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:51 am

Hi Ned the frames are not very low center of gravity anyway, they are probaly the highest CoG of any race bantam. I think they were well ahead of there time having there engines high in the frame and having lots of room for an underslung exhaust. With the CoG being where it is they are good at changing direction - flickibillity. Thinking about why i had 001 rebuild V2 spec - i was comparing a newish frame to a elderly weak often broken frame?? Perhaps that was it?? Smile Smile

If you look at the pic's of my frame and Michaels look at where the tank rails meet the seat support rails difference is 1 1/2"s.
My bikes have taller Ned tank pattern(not Pete) I had the mould from you and Tom with a part made tank in it. I have a lower Pete tank and Chris B is running one at the mo. Ian has a smaller lower tank as does Michael (with chin cutaway?) Snowy and Phil have Jimmy type tanks low with knee cut outs... Everyone to there own....
Back to top Go down
Ned

Ned

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-01-11

New frame - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frame   New frame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:17 am

Hi Mike I Know what you mean at one British Formula Snetterton meeting the bike was wallowing like a Camel and I had a job keeping in front of the cubs. Checking the bike that evening we found the down tube had broke just below the head stock. A guy in one of the race car work shops welded it and tacked a short length of angle iron on to brace it so that I could race the next day. I believe it was still like that when you took ownership of it.
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

New frame - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frame   New frame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:58 am

Ned 002 still sports angle iron on its lower tube - ask Chris and it was there on collection at the last BRC meeting of 84 when you retired... I remember it well ... the last couple of meetings you rode 001 and Rick rode 002. We took the bikes away that day and went back to toms a week later to collect spares- 2x barrels, heads, Moulds for fairing, tank, seat and stoneguard many many gears frame jig and a lifetime of help and support which i have been collecting on a regular basis for the last 27years!!!! Last one being Saturday!!
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

New frame - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frame   New frame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:05 am

Michael apologies keep forgetting to text you then forgot your symtoms....

Will photo copy the suspenion set up info for you and bring to Pembrey...

Mike
Back to top Go down
michaelbrown

michaelbrown

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-06-05

New frame - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frame   New frame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:10 am

Oki then mike thank you Very Happy just burning some pounds of in the sun at Tenerife at the moment see you all at pembrey Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

New frame - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frame   New frame - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 1:51 am

just like a works rider michael yes your bike is ready lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New frame - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New frame   New frame - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New frame
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2