BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

calling Robbie Brown

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

calling Robbie Brown Empty
PostSubject: calling Robbie Brown   calling Robbie Brown Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi Rob

can you confirm if your Primary roller chains are split roller Rob if they are I need one.

if not does any one have a supply of split roller chanis to match our needs.

I understand there was some specil chain made for one of the 1970 F1 vanwall thats the same size as our looks very beefey, anyone tried these available from some guy at the auto jumbles who just sells chains.

comments or help from anyone.

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: calling Robbie Brown   calling Robbie Brown Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi Derek
yes the man that I get the chain off is called the chain man (Andy) and he should be at the 1000 bikes the ones to use are the silver ones which are spilt roller. have had the non spilt roller black in colour which mike powell had some come off but no breaks yet that I been told of. they are use by BMW for a timeing chains so it the silver ones we need 50 links. he lives at bewdley near kidderminster up north somewere near you were its cold lol! lol!
would not waste time looking for a replacment for these as I think all the racers are on them now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: calling Robbie Brown   calling Robbie Brown Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:48 pm

thanks rob

seems both the chains you sold and gave to me at mallory last season, were none split link roller chains ?

i wish you had said this at the time, i dont feel comfortable using a none split roller chain, when you say come off do you mean they break?

after how long ? and what should I milage,

i have just removed the first item looks like its not rivited very well and has streched quite a bit, silverplated. i have fitted a black sided chain this is not split roller.

I remember asking you about this, but i can never remember where my keys are though ?

anyway just a bit concerned about this, are they ok ? Rob.

one of these let go and your down the road.

Derek
Back to top Go down
johnSbantam

johnSbantam

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Primary Chains   calling Robbie Brown Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:12 pm

Many years ago my dear old friend, the late Ron Warrior told me to use split roller chains from a Mercedes C190.
He went to a local dealer and was served by a certain Mr G. Crosby, aka Croz the Larrakin.
The expensive Merc box contain 100 links of IWIS chain !
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: calling Robbie Brown   calling Robbie Brown Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi Derek
yes am ok thanks
The black chains we have all been useing for somtime now think it must 8 years or so ot heard of anyone breaking one sure the lads would of told me Mike powell has had some rollers come off I have run one all year in the past and I bet some of the other lads have too two for the season should do. I have one silver chain here which is my spare if you like to swop your black chain for a silver one
I have no problem in running a black chain do you need before snetterton
Rob
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: calling Robbie Brown   calling Robbie Brown Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Ref primary chains from Robin-

Solid roller chains milage to 200 miles
Split roller chains milage to 300plus? miles

A solid roller chain lost one roller 283 miles
Split roller chains have run to 490 miles with no problems

Both chains stretch but this i've found not a problem.

Hope this helps...
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

PostSubject: Re: calling Robbie Brown   calling Robbie Brown Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:08 am

many thanks for the information Rob I'm fine with this will keep them but a very credible offer from you all the same, no problem.

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: calling Robbie Brown   calling Robbie Brown Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

calling Robbie Brown
Page 1 of 1