BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Calling Phil Betty...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Calling Phil Betty... Empty
PostSubject: Calling Phil Betty...   Calling Phil Betty... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 3:57 am

Calling Phil Betty ... how are you after crashing into that 500 ? It looked like at aircraft crash site when i hit the stricken 500 and took to the air myself! Just glad i landed on both wheels, but i must admit it 'scared the sensored out of me' !! Hope your on the mend mate....
Back to top Go down
phil betty

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Calling Phil Betty...   Calling Phil Betty... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:55 am

hi mike, i'm not too bad. just lost some skin off index finger and six stitches in thumb. thanks to you and everyone else for not running me over! I gather it was mayhem! I was lucky to get off so lightly and hopefully didn't cause anyone else too many problems. Bike doesn't seem too bad and i was back at work on tuesday. Hope all is ok with you mate.
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: stricken 500   Calling Phil Betty... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:06 am

Well, I am glad someone else reckoned a 500 was downed. I saw it all, and thought there were 2 bikes on the ground but later in the paddock was told only Phil had fallen.

what Happened Phil - did the throttle stick open? Or were you taking Le Patron's instructions (to finish 3rs in the c/ship) a little too literally? lol!

Glad to hear you are OK though. Smile
Back to top Go down
phil betty

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Calling Phil Betty...   Calling Phil Betty... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:34 am

i was the only one down fortunatly. had just sorted my clutch,knew i was going quick and drifting,thought i could get through on the inside. aparently not!
stitches out now. all ok. apologise for my lengthy return due to loss of glasses.
really enjoyed this season and look forward to more next year,
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: Seeing double?   Calling Phil Betty... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:47 pm

Seeing 2 bikes on the deck? Well I've had the eyesight checked - all OK, so it must be the short term memory. Incidentally, data logger shows I braked down to 15 mpg to avoid Phil and his bike.
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Calling Phil Betty...   Calling Phil Betty... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:51 am

What did i hit then ? I thought it was a 500? was it you or the bike then Phil? I must admit i was concentrating on staying on and landing safely!! What ever it was it broke Jimmy's front mudguard!
Back to top Go down
SteveF

SteveF

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Calling Phil Betty...   Calling Phil Betty... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:17 pm

Good to hear no serious damage Phil

Peter your Bantam is thirsty what is the consumption when accelerating.
Back to top Go down
ptibbitt125

ptibbitt125

PostSubject: Instantaneous Fuel Consumption   Calling Phil Betty... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:38 pm

Well spotted Steve. Took me a couple of scans to realise what you were on about!

i did of course mean "braked down to 15 mph"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling Phil Betty...   Calling Phil Betty... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calling Phil Betty...
Page 1 of 1