BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forum emails

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alan
Admin
alan

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Forum emails Empty
PostSubject: Forum emails   Forum emails Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 7:26 pm

John,
I do not know why the forum puts private messages into a loop! I have changed the way the emails are sent/received through the forum, but can not guarantee it will work OK. I have done what I can.
Note my home computor is down at the moment and I am unable to change anything on the web pages. I can access and administrate the forum from any computor, hence looking at this problem.
Let me know if anything else happens.
Cheers,
Alan
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://bsabantamracing.editboard.com
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Forum emails Empty
PostSubject: Looping in the BRC Loop...   Forum emails Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 5:12 am

Hi Alan!
Thanks for your concern -- no sweat -- the looping has happened on other sites. Could be the fault of t-online.de - my server. e.g. A Xmas e-Mail from friends in Cheptow said a Xmas Special awaited in our In-File and I never got it... Sometimes my e-Mails never get delivered...!? With the Chepstow friends it might be, that two years back I wrote a letter around August time to say I was not sending Xmas cards to anyone anymore...
Same happened with Miki Sprosen -- Miki never replied ...? Miki! where are you...?
I was a bit concerned with this 14 year old Kevin -- seeming so keen I was almost at the point of saying I'd make 'Icarus #3' but I think he was an April-Fooler getting in early. Like I said, I joined the army at 14 so all things are possible.
Some of Fogarty's WSB buddies were boy scramblers at 8 yr old and at 15 racing as pros... Bill Lawrence (BRC racer and Wobbleyman's Kwacker rider...) bemoans the fact that the Brits have only one ageing Scot in
GP these days. When I see what it costs for a Bantam Rider to compete
in England I can understand why the shortage exists.
All the best at Mallory, don't forget that "Gravity is a preciouss thing..."
Stay cool and keep well,
Aye! JayBee.

Nottingham was cool. Must do it again...
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

Forum emails Empty
PostSubject: Open apologies to Kevin... entschuldigen Kev...   Forum emails Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 11:13 pm

Hello Kevin!
Got your private message at last and not bennion's. I must say in front of all the BRC members that I humbly apologise for suggesting your pleas were a 1st of April trick, submitted a bit early.
--- I am sorry to have doubted your intentions.

Right! The method you are using somewhat smacks of Casius Clay tackling the world in such a manner as to get himself a shot at the world boxing title... In so doing he became Weltmeister as Muhamad Ali.
Yours similarly, is a commendable approach to getting noticed for the chance to ride a sponsored bike. But remember if you don't have the necessary talent (I was gonna say 'Kugeln'- als in höden - but such lingo is verboten on this site) you could end up in poor shape. Much like those youngsters who thought they could become boxing champs, later wander the streets in rags, sleeping under railway arches and shadow-boxing their way to an early grave.
--- Do what Mick Jones suggests and also try to get over to the Isle of Man. That's a circuit where if you live to tell the tale after a couple of races the sponsors are there for the picking. I frightened myself to death just riding faírly quickly on a road bike. Also, in the Island is Jurby airfield racing where you just might pick up the chance of a try-out on a 600cc Japanese heap...
When you say 'Precision Mechanic' where, when and what does that imply? And the trouble with building your own bike is that it can be frustratingly never ending. Try and get a couple of buddies assisting - might be an answer - but as I see it, GO for finding a sponsor. .
Take care, stay cool and keep well,
Aye! JayBee.
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Kevin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-03-19

Forum emails Empty
PostSubject: thanks!   Forum emails Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 5:18 am

The precision mechanic means that I'll start my apprenticeship this summer, but at the moment I visit my company very often because I know my later "boss" Very Happy very well and so I can use nearly every machine at every saturday and I also get very much tips.
To the machine: I dont really need a sponsor because 1. of course I would pay the greatest amount from my own moneybag (perhaps later a sponsor? i'll see), and I could get also some financial help from my father and 2. I will not drive a whole championship in the first year of course, so my question is: should i build one or should I buy it? If the second method would be better (Not very much building experience on my side, I just built a Norton Cafe racer together with my father), where can I buy one for, what shall I say, under 600£? I saw some Bantams in the OBM for about this amount of money.. So I'd be really pleased if you write an answer, CU all!

Kevin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum emails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum emails   Forum emails Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum emails
Page 1 of 1