BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Winter testing

Go down 
+5
Mick Potter
mscutt
john bass
Derek
mjpowell
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mscutt

mscutt

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Winter testing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter testing   Winter testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:03 am

TERRY wrote to Mick Potter
Quote :

" from memory you have never built a Bantam always raced other peoples, "but more important you dont race a Bantam anymore" so what has this debate got to do with you".

Terry that statement has absolutely nothing to do with the debate. Its fine to disagree with somebody and if you do you should explain the reasons why rather than make an undignified attack on somebody. Its not in anybodys interest to make ill informed statements like that and serves no purpose at all. Bantam folk have always had a tradition of helping each other - see Mick's postings on frames for instance - comments like yours won't further the cause one bit.

On the question of whether bridging a transfer port is legal or not Mick Potter correctly pointed out that if something is not banned by the rules then it clearly IS legal. Not only that, it is there for all to see in the rules that barrels "may be modified internally".

Its neither here nor there that "in your mind" it is illegal, it only matters whether or not it IS legal under the current rules and clearly it is - end of argument.

If you think it is not in the spirit of the rules then thats an entirely different matter and one that should be discussed and put to a vote if necessary. (but be aware you may be trying to make half the entries illegal so that we end up with insufficient numbers to make a race possible)

Just ask yourself (and Derek) a couple of questions - is this making bantams go faster ? is this helping to find or encourage new bantam riders ?

Lets have some posts that do both of these things and we will all benefit from them....

Mick
PS JB - nice idea but could do with a new thread to talk about it and a place with a long straight where its legal to do such a test.[left]
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Just being Silly...   Winter testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:57 am

Hi Mick & Ian -- I was just being silly because I saw this site getting heated again
and thought a bit of JayBee nonsense might cool it down a bit...

{(I mean I don´t race a Bantam anymore so what´s the debate to do with me -- Cheezzuss! wish I did -- I mean, wish I COULD!!)}

The real Coast-Down test is done with electronic speed trap equipment which captures exact speeds at every 50 yards when the vehicle is snicked into neutral...
or the speed is recorded on a UV tape in the vehicle -- or some such e-gear. Note "vehicle" there -- sort of big HGVs a´n that´!!

So, avoiding my question are YOU?? no answer to -- "...at what speed does the streamling become effective...?" What I mean is, when can one sit up and be comfortable??

Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Winter testing   Winter testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi Ian and Mick
"I feel" the correct thing to do to is to debate this by PM,

regards Derek

Last edited by bettsd on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: I wonder ...   Winter testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:13 am

... if ... getalife or a senceofhumer...?

... means "joking all the time" ...

...can´t be bad then!

Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Winter testing   Winter testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:45 pm

Hi all here is some track day on board footage from my bike hope this works take note I had cadwell gearing on have some more to put up with some people you may know watch this space now turn the sound up and enjoy ps Ned shut the bedroom door lol
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Winter testing   Winter testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:10 am

Hi Robbie,

The link works fine, nice footage.

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

PostSubject: Re: Winter testing   Winter testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 6:48 am

Hi another bit of footage 1.min 35 sec michael's day was all over after the back end locked up and he crashed if you look closely the next time i come round you can see michael standing by the marshal on the bank
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

PostSubject: Re: Winter testing   Winter testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:14 am

getting the hang of this now just one more after this
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

PostSubject: Re: Winter testing   Winter testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:15 am

have a look at this one who's on Ian's bike ????
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

PostSubject: Re: Winter testing   Winter testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi all 4 Bantams hit the track yesterday and can report all came back with in tacked gearboxses so roll on Thursday Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter testing   Winter testing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Pre testing testing all went to plan feel like the season never ended with all this playing roll on Thursday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter testing   Winter testing - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter testing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2