BSA Bantam Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BSA Bantam Racing

Bantam Racing Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!

Go down 
+19
adam p
ROBBIE
Arthur175
mm_tribsa
175 Racer
Colin Oldham
joe93
Edward Pickering
Trevor Amos
alan
Shelley1605
ted
ted firby
undredseesee
mike redhead
Rduesbury
dansofield550
john bass
mjpowell
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mjpowell

mjpowell

Number of posts : 1074
Registration date : 2006-12-09

Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Can anyone make or supply (free or cheap) Business Card size 'Bantam Racing'
info cards as an alternative to a flyer?
Back to top Go down
mm_tribsa

mm_tribsa

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:00 pm

If you can send me the wording and artwork you want Mike I will get some printed up for you, it will be foc and a thank you to Ian and Tom for kindly giving me a ride on the ex Roger bike last year, Ed please get it out asap adap
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 3:21 am

Thanks Mike thats great of you many thanks..
Any bantam pic will do even you on the Roger bike?
Or I can email you a couple of pics and you decide?

Artwork? Wording needs to say BSA Bantam Racing and or
bsabantamracing.com plus find us on facebook or fb logo.
That way anyone with an interest in racing/parading a bantam
can find plenty of info and ideas..

Cheers Mike
Back to top Go down
mm_tribsa

mm_tribsa

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 3:29 am

I can work something out but was thinking you might like the VMCC badge added to it as is for 1000 bikes ? I can scan and cut and paste this if you'd like but will put BSA Bantam Racing as the header...
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 7:34 am

Good idea BHR header would be better if poss..
As long as folk can navigate to get bantam racing info.
Bantam class/club have to self publish as VMCC Ltd and BHR have
yet to twigg that a small two-stroke bantam is a class worth writing
about in magazines race write ups etc..

Thx Mike
Back to top Go down
lee hollick

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-04-30

PostSubject: Raising your profile    Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 11:39 pm

Hi Members I would like to offer any of my pictures to help with this issue of raising your profile, they are not free but certainly cheap you will find in the old bike mart this month is a picture Mixed bantams and Ducatis from 3 sisters at the beginning of June please feel free to message me if I can help you will find more pictures by following the link below from all BHR Meetings 2013 more meetings on request from previous years thanks Lee Hollick
http://leehollickphotography.zenfolio.com/f1010273017
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:14 am

Ref raising the profile of Bantam Racing there are a couple of things coming up which
may be of interest to those willing to go to Cadwell Park on 4th August where i am
riding in the Classic Bike Burn-Up and to Aintree on 10th August where Mike Redhead
(and others?) is racing his Bantam.

Also thinking of something happening in the Isle of Man during the 'Manx' to promote
Bantam racing?

Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:30 am

Ref raising the profile, is there any intention of doing tshirts again?

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:00 am

Good point Ed - I'd certainly chip a few bob in for that, still got my 2010/11(?) Rooster anniversary shirt, if a bit ripped! Always worn it out and about and had a few people question me what it was, so I guess there's another option at hand.

Tim
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:04 am

Cadwell Park this Saturday in the paddock and Sunday in
paddock and on track the SMS Bantam number1 with myself
Any bantam racing interested folk come and chat and some Bantam
Racing details.. At the "Classic Bike Burn-up"
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:06 am

T-shirts any ideas/contacts Ed , Tim? It has been talked about recently..
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi Mike,

I will have a word at work today and see where we get ours/costs etc.

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:45 am

A successful day today at the Classic Bike Burn-Up event at
Cadwell Park , quite a bit of interest from the public and fellow
Bikers.. surprised at the speed/performance of the bantam.. as was I !!
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Good Morning All,

Just another idea, what about if we did some onboard videos on a variety of riders bikes to give a taster. I know Robbie and Mike McD have done them and Rob D does it?

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
Tim Cornish

Tim Cornish

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi all,

Ed I will agree with you on that - some sort of Youtube video, first with an introduction of what history the club has had, clip of the bikes, interview with racers in the paddock and alike and then onboard footage. I know the MZ club did something like that a few years back at Lydden I believe! It's on Youtube/online somewhere..

Tim
Back to top Go down
ROBBIE

ROBBIE

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2006-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 4:16 am

Hi Edd and Tim
you have to be very careful what footage you put on the net I know a lot of the circuits we go TO nearly all have camera forms and it states private use only so as soon as you put on the net its for the world to see and you could be fined 20.000 pounds by MSV Shocked

this taken from the MSV camera form
affraid 

I declare that any material filmed is for personal use only and is not for broadcast
(whether for commercial reasons or otherwise) on any public transmission media
anywhere in the world (including but not limited to internet, terrestrial, cable or
satellite), and I agree to pay MotorSport Vision the sum of £25,000 if any material
filmed should appear on such media.
Signed:
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 6:27 am

Hi Robbie,

Thank you for that, I was thinking of a club DVD rather than internet but I appreciate you taking the time for letting us know.

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Any news on cost of t-shirts Ed? What they can do for us etc..

I wonder if there is a track we use that hasn't got a 'no public show' cause?

Regards Mike
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Hi Mike,

I am just waiting for item costs from one place, as they are embroidered they might not be cheap so im also trying a friend who does the transfer version as it were to get a comparison.

Kind Regards

Eddie
Back to top Go down
mike redhead

mike redhead

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Good Morning Ed,

If you are looking for idea's for a tee shirt, might I suggest thst given the current success of the oily rag clothing range and the general clamour for that retro seventies look that apears to be in vogue with the fashoinista of today that you look at the BRC logos from the period, you never know, it may inadvertently become a fashion craze all of its own and we may see minor celebritys carrying the Bantam racing name into the public domain !

Regards,

Mike
Back to top Go down
mjpowell

mjpowell

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:27 pm

See Mike Redhead at Aintree this Saturday 10th August..

Bend his ear and have a chat.. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Edward Pickering

Edward Pickering

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Good Morning Mike R,

Completely agree and was what I was thinking as I have ssen some people wearing some of the old bantam one's. Does anyone have any jpegs etc of the originals?

Kind Regards

Eddie

Last edited by Edward Pickering on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mike redhead

mike redhead

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Re
"See Mike Redhead at Aintree this Saturday 10th August..

Bend his ear and have a chat.. ;-)"

Would love to see people come along to Aintree, and watch some good racing, but would suggest keeping a safe distance from me, I appear to have contracted "something" from my recent trip to the colonies!

Regards,

Mike
Back to top Go down
john bass

john bass

Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Profile of foaming at the mouth...?   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:30 am

Sounds terrible Mike -- are you foaming at the mouth yet?

In my twenties I had my tonsils taken out three days before a grass track meeting. Whilst waiting at the pit gate my Dad popped a mouthfull of ice cream in... That was just before going out in a  heat. After the race  my Dad said that the commentator announced ,  "... and the winner was foaming at the mouth, even on the start line  ...!"

Thank-you. It is really refreshing -- and a joy -- to see so many of you having a real go at keeping Bantam Racing alive.

Have a good time.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://t-online.de
Derek

Derek

Number of posts : 1065
Registration date : 2007-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 9:28 am

Hi Trevor yes yes, I'm working on it. the next time I have it out, it will have this adv/rtd on, "I assure you".

Mike actually if you look back at the posts another highly intellectual /sophisticated individual pointed this, im sure, before the person you mentioned did, but its a great idea, "I missed out the other items he is attributed to like"popular" and "good looking" well mainly as I have a hair loss problem, at the moment, I should not really be posting now, talk soon!.

regards Derek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!   Raising the profile of Bantam Racing! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raising the profile of Bantam Racing!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next